13. clingy

Hoyeon's POV

I immediately went inside the bathroom without meeting Jisung's eyes anymore. I locked it and pressed my back on the door, my heart pounding on my chest.

What the fuck did just happen?

The words he said came back.

"I know I used to be your boyfriend."

I put a hand on my right arm and covered my mouth with a hand. What the actual hell? Of course he knows now. I was too obvious. Wait, it's Mom and Jihoon. Argh!

I gripped the strands of my hair and just proceeded on taking a bath. I can't stop thinking about what he said earlier and I wouldn't have stopped showering if I didn't hear Jisung knock.

"Hoyeon? You're really having a lot of time in there."

I immediately turned off the shower and wrapped my body with a towel. I slowly went out of the bathroom and looked around if Jisung was anywhere in the living room.

"Hoyeon," I screamed. Jisung raised his hands to tell me that it's fine but then his eyes dropped to my body. He immediately turned around and I ran to my room carefully.

I then changed to my clothes. A peach shirt and a jumper. I wore my shoes and grabbed my phone. I opened Jisoo and I's convo as I made my way downstairs.

Jisoo🌷

jisoo holy shit kxmdjdjdnsns

jisung knows he used to be my boyfriend

;—;

She didn't reply so I placed my phone in my jumper's pocket. I saw Jisung just finishing up on tying his shoelace. "Come on." I said almost quietly and we went near the road to call for a cab.

"Oh, right," I looked at Jisung. "You don't like me seeing in a bus stop anymore." I sighed. "I hope you understand." He put an arm on my shoulder and pulled me towards him. "I do."

I smiled and a cab paused in front of us. "8th of January." I told the driver and he drove towards the said café. "That's the café's name?" Jisung asked and I nodded. "Cool."

After about three minutes, we arrived in front of a dirty white establishment. I paid for our fee and we both went off. I looked at the café's signage and I instantly knew this was some high class shit.

We entered the café and a familiar figure was wiping the table near the counter. I squinted my eyes and said, "Minnie?" The girl turned to us and it was her. "Hoyeon! Jisung! You two are too early~." She said, walking towards us.

She hugged me and tapped Jisung on his arm. "How are you?" I asked and she motioned us to settle ourselves in a table. We sat down and Minnie wiped off a bead of sweat on her forehead.

"I'm okay. Just a bit tired. I also have to make our assignment later on. By the way, I also added some information I found about Hades in our project. Is it fine?" I nodded. "Definitely. Thank you so much, Minnie."

She motioned to us. "What would you guys like? You can pay later." She pointed at the menu above the counter. I told my order as Minnie wrote it down her notes. She repeated our orders and I nodded. "You guys can wait for ten minutes, right?"

I laughed. "Of course." She stood up and walked to the cafe's kitchen. I glanced at Jisung and his chin was on his palm, finger tapping on his cheek. I cleared my throat and he looked at me. "Uh, Jisung,"

He raised a brow and waited for me to say something. "How.. How did you know we like.. you know. Used to be in a relationship?" I slowly asked. He tilted his head to me and he looked like he was pouting.

"Remember the time I hugged you in the bathroom in my hospital room?" I nodded at the memory. My cheeks burned as I remembered that. "Before that, I heard you say that you shouldn't have doubted my love for you,"

I froze on my seat. He heard me all along. "Besides, you took three absents just to take care of me. That's when I knew something more special was between us." My heart tightened.

Was.

He said was.

"Do you feel awkward about it?" He lowered his head and stared at me. "Why would I?" He suddenly smirked. "Can you count how many times I complimented you?" I scoffed and cupped my cheeks, putting my elbow on the table.

"What does that make a difference? People always notice your looks and not your personality. You right now is not an exception." He laughed. He removed my hand from my left cheek and squished it.

"Okay, fine. Now, can you count how many times I smiled when you did?" I paused. We stared at each other for a few seconds before I looked away. "N-No.. Did you even?" I asked, trying my voice to be comedic.

"Yeah. You just didn't notice it because you were always crying," I glanced back at him. "And when I'm around you, you always smile. Except for the first day, though. I know you keep on saying sorry and hating on yourself for what happened to me."

Tears welled up in my eyes. He sighed. "There you go again," He wiped a stray tear and smiled. "Don't cry. I'll try to remember, okay? Slowly but surely." I nodded and he hugged me.

We heard a whistle and I immediately pulled away. In the doorway, Jeno and Mark just entered the café. The latter has that teasing look on his face. "I see y'all are—" I threw him a glare and pointed at my head, signalling about Jisung's head ache.

"—ready to eat? 'Cause lookie, Minnie is here!" He said and motioned his arm to Minnie carrying our tray with our food. She placed it down and entertained Mark and Jeno with the café's menu.

I felt my phone buzz and I took it out. It was from Jisoo

Jisoo🌷

HOLD UP

WHAT THE FUCK

ㅠ.ㅠ

yow

hes already getting you back aAAAAGH

hEy

he said he'll try to remember

hope all

too bad i dont have a boyfriend

yet :>

nah i ain't getting any

you, shinhyuk and minnie

its like taking care of a kid

lmao

you and hoonie better hurry up tho

alright

apologize to jisung properly when he remembers you

i promise

"Who are you texting?" Jisung asked, mouth full of blueberry cheesecake. "Jisoo." He nodded and placed my milkshake in front of me. I smiled. "Thanks."

I looked at Jeno and Mark and they were giving us looks. I just rolled my eyes and busied myself with eating while they chatted about their old funny memories.

I was just busy playing Fluffy Fall in my phone when I heard Jisung ask, "Was I clingy to Hoyeon?"

•••