02. did we really date before?

Hoyeon's POV

When I woke up, I felt the aroma of coffee coming in my kitchen. With heavy eyes because of the excessive crying last night, I slowly went out of Jisung's bed and walked out of his room.

I peeked downstairs and saw Jihoon cooking breakfast for me. I slowly went down and Jihoon turned around to look at me. He gave me a small smile. "Hi, Hoyeon."

"Morning." I replied and sat down a chair. I rubbed my eyes and let my head land on the table. I was still feeling tired. I have had a sleepless night.

I heard footsteps coming towards me and felt Jihoon's hand on my back. He patted it slowly. "It's okay.." He mumbled, but it was not. This was all my fault. I can't blame anyone but me.

"Eat up," He said and placed a chicken soup on the table along with the coffee he made. "Are you gonna visit him today?" He asked. I nodded. Jihoon gave me a spoon and I started to eat.

"Jihoon," He raised a brow and I looked at him. "Are you sure he isn't lying? Isn't this some absurd prank?" Jihoon sighed sadly and took my hand. "I also didn't believe it at first, Hoyeon, but the doctor said so."

Tears started to form in my eyes. "Did you mention me to him before I came?" I asked. Jihoon stayed quiet while getting his phone from his pocket. He tapped the screen and an audio recording played.

"Jihoon hyung? Why am I here?" It was Jisung. "'Jihoon hyung'? You stopped calling me that when we're twelve." I heard Jisung chuckle. "What are you talking about, Jihoon hyung? You're older than me."

"Stop this bullshit, Jisung. You're scaring me." Jihoon snapped. "What? I'm not joking. Seriously, hyung, why am I here? Did something happen?"

"You.. You got into an accident." Jihoon said slowly. There was silence before Jisung replied, "I don't remember being on an accident. All I remember is that we played in the basketball court behind your house."

"What happened next?" Jihoon asked. "Maybe I passed out? Or I was hit on the head with the ball?" He paused the recording and looked at me. "That was five years ago, Hoyeon. If Jisung hadn't completely lost his memory, he wouldn't recap what happened because he fell when we were playing, and he never liked that."

I pursed my lips as Jihoon played it again. "What- Jisung, what did you do? What happened to you and Hoyeon?"

"Who's Hoyeon?"

I lost my shit. He didn't know who I was until I introduced myself. My tears flowed down my cheeks as I listened.

"That's it, Jisung! Stop pretending like you forgot your memory! Hoyeon would be dead ass terrified if you talk to her like that."

"Who is this Hoyeon you're talking about? I don't know her, hyung."

Ouch.

I heard a door open from the recording. "Mr. Park Jihoon?" It was probably the doctor. "Yes?" I heard steps and the voice said, "Sir, he did lose his memory. The things he can only recap is from childhood to his days as a twelve-year-old. I'm sorry, sir."

"C-Can't you do anything to make him remember? His girlfriend would be devastated." What Jisung said hurt my heart than ever.

"I have a girlfriend? That's funny, hyung."

"We can't, sir. If we try, his memories would reduce." I covered my face and cried. The recording was finally finished and Jihoon stood up to hug me. I shook my head repeatedly. "He didn't say that, no."

"He didn't, he didn't.." Jihoon repeatedly say. I pulled away from our hug and stood up. "I can't face him like this. I should wash up." Jihoon held my arm after I took a step.

"Your stomach is empty." I stared at his eyes and slowly removed his hand from my arm. "So is his memories of me." I replied and went up to my room to wash up.

After I did, I dried my hair and changed into Jisung's jacket and my peach jeans. I wore my shoes and tied my hair into a bun. I grabbed my phone and went down the stairs. Jihoon was already outside in his car.

I hopped inside and he drove to the hospital. While we were in the middle of the road, I asked, "Does Jisung's parents know this?" Jihoon shook his head. "Not yet. Even so, it wouldn't be a big deal to them since Jisung still remembers them."

Lucky.

We arrived at the hospital and we walked to Jisung's room. I breathed hard before going inside. Jisung was reading a book with his head phones on. He raised his head and we met eyes.

Jisung smiled and took off his head phones. "Good morning!" He greeted and motioned to the couch now close to his bed. "Do sit down." We did and I put up a smile on my face.

"You guys visited too early." Jisung said, chuckling. "Aren't we allowed?" Jihoon asked as he walked up to Jisung. He softly smacked the back of his head. "Yah, hyung. My head still kinda hurts, stop it."

"Just don't get to an accident again, okay?" Jihoon said and glanced at me. Jisung nodded. "Of course. For you and Hoyeon." He looked at me and I feel glad about that.

"Jisung," I called him. "Have you.. ever been in a relationship before?" I asked and Jihoon gave me a 'yeah, obviously. you dated him before' look but I only glared at him.

"I.. don't think I was in one, but Jihoon hyung said that I dated you," He laughed, but Jihoon and I didn't. Jisung smacked Hoonie's arm. "You're such a great joker, aren't you?"

When he noticed none of us laughed along with him, he stopped. "I mean, it's not impossible," He gave me a look (that I find so fucking hot and sexy that I'd melt right here, right now) and I blushed so hard that it must've been obvious.

Jihoon smirked. "Well, Jisung does have a point." They chuckled together and I rolled my eyes at them. "But, Hoyeon," I looked at Jisung.

"Did we really date before?"

•••