10) Extra boys

Finally it's Thursday night, one more day until the weekend. This weekend is better than usual as well because it's a public holiday on Monday, so we get a 3-day weekend. I had just finished all my homework and was swiping through Pinterest when Lexi messaged the girls group chat, called the TLL girls (T for Theo, and one L for Lexi and Livi).

LEXI – Hey girls, either of you free for a sleepover tomorrow? Mum's going away on a business trip and dad said I can have a few friends over for a sleepover tomorrow if I like.

THEO – Mum's out at the moment, I'll ask when she gets back ;)

LIVI – Hunt just got home, I'll ask now.

So I bolted out of my room and down stairs. I looked everywhere downstairs but couldn't find him anywhere. I did spot Jax in the lounge room, so I back-tracked my way there to ask him if he'd seen him. I ran up to him and jumped on his lap which made him groan as I landed.

'Jax, have you seen Hunt? I need him.' I said whilst spinning around on his lap, so I could see his face.

'Yeah, he just got home but someone called him, so he's up in his room talking. I'm pretty sure it was just Eli, so he won't be long.'

'Okay,' I said whilst turning back around and snuggling into him. 'What are you watching?'

'Motor-cross X.'

'Boorrrrinnnggggg.' I said, rolling my eyes and groaning.

'Hey! Don't diss the pros. These guys are amazing. See, look! He just did a triple backflip with his bike!' Jax said, jolting when he got excited.

'Awww, you guys are too cute!' Hunter had appeared, and he was taking a photo of us sitting on the couch together. I didn't mind the photo, but Jax began to get angry.

'STOP TAKING PHOTOS OF US RIGHT NOW!' Jaxon yelled at hunter, trying to detach me from him. I giggled, not letting go and Hunter laughed. He finally got me off of him, and then lunged for Hunter's phone. Not even Jaxon was stronger than Hunter, so I knew this wouldn't be interesting since Hunt would win. When I looked back up at them from the floor where Jaxon had deposited me, Jax was in a headlock, struggling out of Hunter's grip. Once Hunter had safely messaged the photos to my phone and backed them up to iCloud, he released Jax. He huffed, grabbed his phone and stomped upstairs. He was such a big baby. Hunter then came over and took the seat next to me on the couch.

'How was your day?' He asked me, changing the channel to footy.

'Meh, it was okay.' I said shrugging. 'How was your day?'

'Busy. Very busy.' He sighed.

'Oh, I was looking for you before, but Hunter said you were on the phone. Anyway, can I go for a sleepover at Lexi's tomorrow?'

'Sorry Livi, not tomorrow.'

'What! Why not?' I said, surprised he said no. He's usually pretty chill when it comes to Theo and Lexi since I've known them a really long time. Also, it's freedom Friday! I should be allowed to hang out with my friends.

'I have my Oak Primary reunion tomorrow. That's why Eli called. I had totally forgotten about it until he said he'd see me tomorrow, which reminded me. I already said Jaxon could have his friends over, and he's not going to want to cancel, so it's easier if you're home for Jax.'

'Ughhhhhh, stupid reunions!' I grumbled, walking back upstairs. Not only did I not get to hang out with my best friends on a Friday night, I had to suffer with Jaxon's. Stupid idiots.

'Love you too, baby.' Hunter called up to me, right when I reached the top of the stairs.

'I am NOT a baby!' I yelled back.

FRIDAY –

Finally! Another week of school complete! There's only 3 weeks left of term, but I'm exhausted and ready for holidays now. We just got home from school, but I had to sit on Olli's lap because Jaxon had his friends in the car too. He kept complaining how I was so bony, and that he was never having me on his lap again. To make it even worse, Jaxon's friends just kept laughing at us.

As son as we pulled up in the driveway, I leaned into the front of the car, grabbed the keys and jumped out. I ran to the front door, not even bothering to grab by bag from the boot. I slammed the keys onto the kitchen island and darted upstairs. As soon as I was in the safety of my room, boy free, I stopped to catch my breath. Once I had recovered from my brief but tiring exercise session, I decided to have a shower. I hopped in, washed my hair and hopped out again. I couldn't be bothered to blow-dry my hair, not that I usually do anyway, so I just rubbed it in between the towel before brushing it and leaving it out. I naturally had curly blonde hair, so I knew leaving it out like this would be fine, because it would just return to it's perfect curls. I put on my loose cotton shorts and Jaxon's new football hoodie. He will NOT be happy to see me in this, at least he has worn it, because it smells like him.

I stayed in my room for a while afterwards, tidying up and putting things away. I had only been home for 40 minutes, but my stomach started grumbling loudly. Only then did I realise I hadn't grabbed any food on my escape. I had to decide between food and safety. If I went down there I might be bombarded by the male species. If I don't, I might die from hunger. I kept weighing the pros and cons in my head until my stomach rumbled again. Food. Always food.

I slowly opened my door and peeked my head out of the door, checking so the 'coast was clear'. I felt like a prank patrol ninja, being so sneaky! I managed to get all the way down stairs, and halfway to the kitchen before my mission failed.

'Liviiii?' Jax called from the lounge room. I froze to the spot but stayed silent. 'Stop faking, I know you're going to the kitchen.'

'No, I'm not!' I called back, even though I clearly was. I could hear the boy's snickers from the lounge echoing down the hall.

'Can you bring us food?'

'NO!' I yelled back. Lazy butts.

'Please babyyyy?'

'Nope!' I called back again. When was he going to get the message?

'You might want to come here then.' Uh oh, what was he up to now? I didn't want to risk further embarrassment, so I went. In his hand, he waved around my...MY DIARY!

'JAXON!!! You idiot!! How did you get that!' I screeched, lunging for it.

'Not so fast missy,' he said, pushing me back and holding me there. 'I will give this back to you, IF, you go get us food. Otherwise,' he started opening my diary, 'my mates here, will know all about how Mr Clarke embarrassed you so much!' Oh the nerve that boy has!

'FINE, I. Do. Not. Like. You. Jaxon.' I growled back to him.

'You looovveee me baby.' He said, all of his friends laughing load now. I stormed off into the kitchen and made myself a milkshake and got a cupcake I had made yesterday. I also put 2 bags of popcorn into the microwave for the boys. When I was ready, I picked up everything and went back into the lounge room.

'Here.' I said blandly, whilst dumping the popcorn on the coffee table. 'Diary.' I say, holding out my hand.

'One more thing. Watch the movie with us, then I'll give it back.' More conditions? Seriously?

'Fine, if I have to.' He grins and pats the spot next to him on the couch, implying for me to sit there. Instead of doing what he asked, I went and sat next to Lachie instead. Jaxon wasn't having any of it tonight, so he stood up, grabbed me, then went back to his seat with me on his lap. I didn't move, even after he pushed me back onto himself, I just kept eating my cupcake. Then the movie started.

'What's the movie?' I whispered to Jax.

'Halloween,' He said smirking. Horror. Rated R. My heart sunk at that very moment. 'Now watch,' he said, snatching my milkshake from my hand and taking a huge drink. I slapped his arm and snatched it back. This was going to be a long 2 hours.