104) Noah's House

"HUNTER!" I yelled. "Hurry up!"

"Stop yelling at me or I'm not taking you at all!" He yelled back. I had been pestering him and didn't doubt he would follow through, so I shut up. "Get in the car." He told me as he came downstairs. I had put on a pretty dress and had curled my hair in its ponytail. I'd had to sneak around Jaxon all afternoon so that he wouldn't notice me being all dressed up and start making fun of me.

We drove over to Noahs which took longer than we expected. Lots of people were driving to their family members houses for a late lunch or were going home so there were lots of cars out on the roads.

"Have fun." Hunter told me, kissing my forehead.

"Do I look good?" I asked.

"You look gorgeous, Livi."

Special occasions like Christmas and birthdays were always the hardest without my parents. We all know that our life would have been so different if it wasn't for the accident. Hunter probably wouldn't be here. His dream was to travel before he started working, but everything was compacted into such a short time since we needed an income.

I often wish I still had my mum around, especially at times like these. As much as I love and trust each and every one of my brothers, there was only so much I could ask them, and they didn't exactly love me hanging out with Noah anyway. I know mum would have helped me do some makeup and helped me decide what to wear. Usually I would ask Bec, but today it was a time to spend with family, so I didn't want to bother her. These were things that even though I was getting used to it, I still wished it was different.

"Pick me up in an hour, yeah?" I checked.

"Yes, baby, I'll be here in an hour." He laughed. We had gone over the same plan too many times.

I got out of the car and walked to the front door, ringing the bell. I could hear loud footsteps pounding on the floorboards and loud chattering coming from the back.

"Livi!" His mum opened the door.

"Hi Katherine." I smiled.

"How are you? Noah!" She yelled.

"Good, thank you. How are you?"

"I'm good, come in!" She was always a happy woman.

"Hey Livi!" Noah smiled, waving me towards him.

His house was full of people. His grandparents and all his cousins crowded the living and dining room, many spilling outside to the backyard and pool.

"Did you bring bathers?" He asked me.

"No, I can only stay for an hour. They're all packed." I frowned, wishing I had.

"That's cool!" He grinned. "We can do other stuff."

"Who are you?" A little boy asked me. He looked about 3 or 4 years old and had the most adorable curly, blonde hair.

"Alex, this is Livi, my best friend. Livi, this is Alex my cousin."

"Hi Alex!" I smiled.

"Noah, lets do gingerbread house!" He jumped up and down, clearly excited.

"Maybe later, Alex. I'm going to spend a bit of time with Livi, okay?"

"No!" He stomped. "Let's do gingerbread house now! Do you want to do gingerbread house with me and Noah, Livi?"

"I'd love too!" I winked at Noah.

"Gives us something to do." He shrugged. Alex grabbed mine and Noah's hand and dragged us to the kitchen.

Noah started to pull all sorts of ingredients out of the pantry to decorate the premade gingerbread house.

"Did you make this?" I asked Noah.

"No." He laughed. "It was a set bought from Ikea. We already used icing to stick the sides together, but my other cousins did that."

"How many cousins do you have?" I laughed. I only had Willow and Jayden that we kept in contact with.

"I think there are 9 here. 2 more don't live in Australia."

"Icing!" Alex squealed, a smile taking over his entire face. I figured that the only reason he was so excited about decorating the gingerbread house was so that he could eat all the lollies and chocolates off it.

I helped Noah make the icing whilst simultaneously helping Alex pour each of the decorations into separate bowls.

"What colour should we make the icing, Alex?"

"Pink!"

"My favourite!" I giggled.

"It's not very Christmassy though." Noah frowned.

"Who cares." I rolled my eyes, gently pushing him out of the way so I could take over.

"Hey." He gently pushed me back.

We spread the icing over the roof and used freckles and all sorts of lollies to decorate it. By the end, it didn't look like much of a gingerbread house and rather an explosion of sugary goodness, Alex was overwhelmed with joy and loved the way it looked. After he had eaten enough of the lollies and had lost interest in the decorating, he disappeared, leaving just Noah and me.

"I think we're done, aren't we?" He said, admiring our work.

"We've got to add these!" I told him, holding up the silver pearls.

"They're so small though. No one's going to notice."

"I will." I smirked.

I poured a few out and started to place them, carefully deciding where each one went.

"Done yet?" He asked.

"No."

"Oh come on." He slinked his arms around my waist and lifted me away from the gingerbread house.

"Noah! Just one more! Noah!" I laughed struggling to get back down to the ground.

"Just one more." He eyed me.

I carefully put the last one on a stood back to admire my work.

"I'd say we did a pretty good job." I laughed. "I almost forgot!"

"What?" I hurried over to my bag which I'd left at the front door and gave the cookies to him. "Thankyou, they look amazing!" He grinned, hugging me. He gave good hugs. "I have something for you as well."

"I thought we weren't doing gifts!"

"Well, I got you something anyway."

"No! Now I feel bad, I didn't get you anything!"

"You came and saw me, that's enough. It's only small, don't worry." He grinned with his crooked smile.

I unwrapped a small box to find a gorgeous ring. It was rose gold and was made up of lots of tiny hearts.

"Noah!" I gasped.

"I saw it and thought you'd like it."

"I love it!" I hugged him tight, admiring it.

"Put it on." He told me. I pulled it out of the box, and he slid it onto my finger.

"How'd you know my size?" I asked.

"I have my ways." He winked.

"Thanks for having me." I hugged him. "I love the ring so much."

"Enjoy your trip! Don't forget about me."

"I wouldn't forget about you." I rolled my eyes. "I'll send you lots of photos."

"Safe flight." He hugged me one more time before I waved goodbye and got into the car.

don't forget to vote and follow! @sydnie6624

not much of this story left to go! :(