85) A 13th to Remember

LIVI'S POV

I was abruptly woken when I heard the loud voice I recognised at Jaxon's. Not one I had heard in a while yet not possible to forget.

"Get away from her." He growled as I slowly opened my eyes. I warm body pulled away from me and I made the connection that I had fallen asleep on Noah.

"Jaxon?" I rubbed my eyes. It was surprising how much someone could change in a week. His hair was slightly matted and looked longer and he had a really bad goggle tan, leaving half his top half of his face pale, whereas the rest dark.

"What did you do?" He exclaimed, seeming angry.

"Nothing." I glared.

"What? You're in the hospital!"

"Oh. Yeah." I shook my head, looking over at Noah.

"And you left he here with him?" Jaxon spat at Hunter.

"I get you're angry, but we are in a public place Jaxon." Hunter eyed him and he stepped back a little.

"Hunt?" I said quietly, making sure I had his attention. Lachie and Olli were just standing there watching, slightly frazzled.

"Yeah, baby?"

"Dr Fuller came in. He wants to talk to you. Noah can you press the button?"

Noah nodded and hit the button I couldn't reach.

"What happened?" Olli asked.

"I fell on the ice."

"Ouch." He winced in sympathy.

"I missed you guys." I tried smiling at them. Olli came and hugged me, followed by a hesitant Lachie too. I frowned when Jaxon remained standing. I hadn't seen him in a week, he wouldn't come near me and he hadn't said happy birthday. "Jax?" He looked at me but didn't say anything.

Dr Fuller then walked in and asked for everyone except for Hunter to leave the room for a minute.

"Can Noah please stay too?" I asked. I didn't want him to be left alone with Jaxon. That was not going to end well.

"If he must." Dr Fuller nodded. Jaxon, Olli and Lachie left the room and Hunter shut the door. He looked slightly concerned. "Now, usually for a broken arm we wouldn't run as many tests as we did. Usually just the x-ray and a few other minor things, however we noticed Livi is quite small for a 13 year old, and whilst this is common, the tests showed us she is underweight. Very underweight, to be honest." He paused and Hunters jaw dropped. "Livi, do you know what anorexia is?"

"I am not anorexic! I eat every meal and I have never thrown up my food purposely."

"Okay." He nodded, marking this down. "How much exercise do you do?"

"I do dancing, netball and occasionally skating."

"Alright. And you always eat and drink properly before, after and whilst you exercise?"

"Yes!" I scoffed. I didn't understand.

"Alright. Although you seem to be generally healthy and have a good routine, there are a few issues with being the weight you are."

"And they are?" Hunter asked.

"If you get sick, Livi, instead of your body using energy from stored fat to try and rid your body of the virus, it will eat away at your muscle, because you don't have enough body fat."

"So I'm going to have no muscle?" I exclaimed, still a little loopy.

"Not exactly." He smiled. "It's just a possibility."

"Oh no!" I sighed.

"So what do we have to do?"

"Trying to eat more high fat foods such as nuts and try to eat other daily things such as full cream milk and creams. Don't try to get her to gain weight from unhealthy foods as that could lead to other conditions." Dr Fuller finished, standing up. "But other than that, I think you're good to go home. Hunter and I can just go through a few more things."

Hunter and Dr Fuller left the room, leaving me and Noah alone again.

"Wow. I didn't think you were that small."

"Am I sick?"

"No, you're not. You're perfect." He smiled, holding my hand. He helped me up from the bed and brushed my hair down with his fingertips. I smiled as he hugged me before grabbing my bag and walking out the door. When I saw Jaxon death staring at Noah, I gave up. It was his own fault I was angry. Still no hug or happy birthday.

"Let's go." Said Hunter. "Noah, would you like us to drop you home?"

"If that's alright with you, yes please." He nodded, trying to be polite. I gave him another smile without the boys seeing and followed them outside. We dropped him home and I waved goodbye before we continued driving home. I hadn't realised how hungry I was.

"How's your arm?" Jaxon asked, seemingly as if nothing was going on.

"Fine." I muttered, looking out the window.

"Did they give you painkillers?"

"I don't know." I mumbled and shrugged. He sighed next to me as we pulled into the driveway. I went straight inside and into the kitchen, looking around for something to eat. There was still some cake, so I got I knife and tried to cut it. It was a little harder and slower with only one hand to use, however I managed to do it all by myself.

"Can I have some?" Asked Jaxon, sitting down at the bench.

"I don't care." I huffed getting a fork for my own cake.

"Baby." He sighed. I ignored him and went and sat on the couch. "Why aren't you talking to me?"

That set something off.

"Why aren't I talking to you!? It's my birthday, I haven't seen you in a week and I just broke my arm and the only thing you care about is Noah. He's my best friend Jaxon, you know that, so what's your problem!? I'm not the one who's at fault."

"He was in bed with you!"

"A hospital bed!" I yelled. "Watching Paddington! I also don't recall him being the one who left me on my birthday!"

"You're mad about that?" He gaped.

"Maybe." I huffed.

"You said we could go!"

"Well you still haven't said happy birthday. You haven't hugged me. You didn't even say hi. Even Lachie and Olli did."