47) They know

Since Jono's little 'show of affection', as he put it, the talk of my grade was that him and I were dating.

'That's so unfair! She's not even that pretty!'

'Aww, that's so cute! I totally ship them.'

'I wonder what her brothers think. They're so hot.'

'I thought she was dating Noah Braddock?'

I couldn't walk through any hall or school building without hearing rumours upon rumours. Obviously, I was never, ever dating Noah. That is just disgusting.

But although the rumours were constantly buzzing through my head, I couldn't help but wonder how my brothers didn't know about it yet. All the ones who didn't know went to the school, and surely at least Lachie would have heard people talking in the halls. He was in the same building as me, and his locker was only on the other side of the hallway.

Fortunately, unfortunately, my worries were put to a hold.

Hunter and I were sitting at the kitchen island, going through my Indonesian homework when the other 3 boys walked through the front door.

"Hey guys." Said Hunter, looking up at them.

"Hey Hunt. Miss me baby?" Asked Jaxon, coming over then ruffling my hair. "Oh! I need this too." He said, peering over my shoulder at my Indonesian work. He quickly grabbed his phone from his pocket and snapped a picture of it.

"HEY! That's cheating!" I yelled trying to grab his phone.

I ended up chasing him around the entire house screaming at him to delete it whilst he just laughed, but when we ended back where we started, he grabbed both my wrists in one of his hands and held me still. Once he had sent the photo to a few of his friends, he swung me over his should then went into the living room. By then I had given up on trying to stop him from and instead focussed on getting away. He pulled me down into his lap and firmly held me there, so I had no chance of escaping whilst he watched TV.

It didn't take long for the rest of the boys to appear, and that's when Lachie started off the conversation.

"So there's this pretty bug rumour going around middle school at the moment." He said casually, and I didn't think much about it.

"Ha! Middle school drama, hilarious. What is it?" Asked Olli, somewhat intrigued.

"Basically on every corner, people are saying that Livi Miller is dating Jono Fletcher." He smirked at me as everyone's heads snapped towards me.

"W-what? That's n-not t-true." I stuttered, looking desperately over at Hunter. He just kept a blank face and watched the TV.

Jaxon grabbed both my shoulders and roughly pulled me away from his chest, turning my top half to face him.

"You are a terrible liar." He growled, looking at me seriously.

I decided now was the best time to pull my get-out-of-jail-free card. "Hunter said it was okay."

All heads snapped in his direction and he shrugged.

"Guys, please. You all dated at this age too, so it's only fair she gets a turn." Hunter reasoned. At least I had one sensible brother.

"WHAT!" Jaxon yelled, but Hunter gave him a pointed look and he calmed slightly. "You can't be serious. She's a baby! Not old enough to date!"

"Especially not him!" Added in Lachie, still smirking at me from his tiny victory. Watch out big bro.

"What's wrong with him?!" I snapped.

"Everything. He's like the Jaxon of your year level." Said Lachie, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Hunters head snapped towards me.

"You didn't tell me that part!" He exclaimed, wide eyes.

"Because it i-isn't true." I tried to lie again but stuttered in the middle. Curse my terrible lying skills.

"Stop lying baby." Said Jaxon, tightening his grip and making me wince.

"It doesn't matter. It's none of your business." I said sassily, attempting to stand up from Jaxon, only for him to pull me back down again.

Olli laughed then said, "It's every part of our business because you're our baby sister, and we don't want you dating around with guys like Jaxon."

"Oi. What's that supposed to mean?" Growled Jaxon, threatening with his tone.

"Think about it Jax." Said Olli, shrugging. "Would you want Livi to date a boy that's just like you. I know this kid, I've seen him around and he is dumb as heck."

"No he's not!" I yelled back, but they only smirked.

"Defending your boyfriend already! Must be serious." Joked Lachie.

"He's not my boyfriend!" I snapped, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Okay, everyone take a chill pill." Said Hunter. I could see his mind working overtime, like there were actual working gears in it. "Let Livi work this out, ok? I don't like it either, but maybe she deserves some freedom. And Livi don't abuse the trust. No sneaking out and being weird ok." Hunter looked at me seriously, and I furiously nodded, my pouty face turning into a grin. "Boys?" He asked them next, only earning grunts of response.

"Movie time." Said Olli, springing up and grabbing a disc. "Since Livi ruined our movie the other day, we get to watch horror today."

"Noooo." I whined, starting to get up, but for the hundredth time today, Jaxon grabbed my waist and dragged me back down. I turned to face him and tried to make up an excuse. "I am going to make popcorn."

"No, you're not. I know you too well." He smirked. "Lachie can you make popcorn?"

"Mean." I huffed, tucking in and getting ready to try and sleep instead of focussing on the movie. Even when Lachie came back with the popcorn, the buttery scent filling my nose, I still didn't look up from my ball in Jaxon's arms. Slowly I felt myself drifting off, and it felt so good to sleep.

I was slightly woken when the playing with my hair stopped, and I was being lifted into the air.

"I'm going to take her upstairs." I felt Jaxon say, because of the rumble of his chest.

I then heard a series of male voices saying 'Night', then was carried upstairs. He automatically went into his room, practiced in how it would go if he didn't. Then he gently put me down and I slowly opened my eyes.

"Go back to sleep baby." He said, brushing my hair out of my eyes and pulling the covers over me.

"You have to stay." I yawned, my eyes threatening to close again. He lightly chuckled, so went into the bathroom, changed, then got in beside me. Like always, even though my eyes were closed, I started to think. "Jaxy, why don't you like me dating?" I asked in a baby voice and I felt him lie more rigid.

"I don't need someone playing my baby sister. That's what he would do." He grumbled, pulling me closer.

"You don't know him." I frowned, then slowly smiled remembering him. "He's so nice and his lips are so soft." I said accidently aloud, only I wasn't really conscious then.

"You've kissed him!?" He whisper-yelled. I giggled because it sounded funny.

"Twice." I giggled again, and he punched me in the arm. Even though we were laying side by side, he still managed to punch me! And hard too!

I quickly felt tears press against my closed eyelids, so I scooted from the middle of the bed to the edge. Away from Jaxon.

"Come back." He sighed, reaching one of his humongous arms to pull me back.

"No." I simply said.

"Sorry. But you were NOT meant to have your first kiss until you were at least 40!" He exclaimed, groaning at the same time.

This time I let him pull me back, and snuggled in close, just being in his arms was comforting enough to fix the problem he caused.