88) Nosy

Time went by and my wrist started to get better and heal. Jaxon was slightly more helpful at the time, and I got to spend a lot more time with each of my brothers because of Bailey. I spent a lot of time with all of my friends, especially Noah, where everything felt different but better and right.

I was playing with Bailey on the floor, trying to teach him how to roll over, when the doorbell rang.

"LIVI! Can you get that?" Yelled Jaxon from upstairs. I huffed but went to the door anyway.

"Hey Livi." Said Dylan. I hardly recognised him, I hadn't seen him in so long. His hair was long, and he had more of a curtain hairstyle, kind of reminding me of Lilhuddy. My tik tok addiction was really bad.

"Hi Dylan." I responded, standing and staring.

"I'm up here Dylan!" Jaxon yelled and Dylan smiled before walking past me and upstairs.

I returned to my playing with Bailey before taking a break to get food. I had made Lemon Slice a few days prior for one of Hunter's work events and since it was only small, half of it was left, meaning plenty for me. I thought I would be a nice sister and take some up to Jaxon and Dylan, but it also gave me a reason to eavesdrop slightly.

I cut some and put a few slices for me and a few more on another plate for the boys. I left out another plate for Olli, Hunter and Lachie since they would only ask me for mine if they saw me. I then went upstairs and walked slowly in the direction of Jaxon's room.

"Mate, I'm sorry for wanting to hangout with my best friend once in a while."

"I didn't mean it like that!"

"What do you do when she hangs out with her friends, huh Dylan?"

Dylan didn't respond. I wanted to know who the girl they were talking about was, but instead I took my chance to knock on the door.

"What?" Asked Jaxon.

"This is for you." I said, poking my head through the door and handing him the plate.

"Thanks Livi." He gave a boring smile before shutting the door again and making me leave. He would wait until he heard my footsteps go away before they started talking again so I had to move. Instead of going back to my room or back downstairs, I went into Olli's room, which shared a wall with Jaxon's room.

"What do you think you're doing?" He asked, looking up from his phone.

"Shhhh!!" I hushed him, pressing my ear to the wall.

"What are you listening to?"

"Dylan." I replied. They weren't talking.

"Stop being such a busy body Livi. You know Jaxon's going to kill you if he finds out." I ignored Olli and continued straining my ears to hear what was being said.

"Baby." Jaxon growled, making me jump. I spun around to see him standing with his arms crossed over his chest, smirking at me.

"Jaxy." I said trying to be sweet.

"Inspecting the wall, are we?" He asked.

"Yeah." I replied, laughing it off. Olli scoffed in the background and I glared.

"Livi." He growled.

"Going." I sighed, walking out of the room. He gave me a slight shove as I walked but then left back to his room. I didn't have anything else to do so I went to Hunter's office.

"Hunterrrrrrr." I whined.

"Whine and I will not talk to you." He didn't look up from his laptop.

"I'm bored."

"Well do something."

"There's nothing to do."

"There are 5 people and a dog living in this house and you're telling me you have nothing to do?"

"Yes. Jaxon's with Dylan, Olli won't want to do anything, Lachie isn't here and..." Hunter cut her off.

"Where is Lachie?" Hunt made a face.

"Why would I know?" I shrugged.

"Can you call him? I'm working. I didn't see him this morning either.

"Fine." I huffed, walking out of the office. I tried to find my phone but couldn't find it anywhere, so I went back upstairs and used that as another excuse to go into Jaxon's room.

"Jaxon!" I opened the door.

"What baby?" He asked, in the unfriendliest way possible whilst glaring at me.

"Can I use your phone please?"

"No." He scoffed. "You have your own."

"It's dead." I lied.

"What for?"

"Hunter asked me to call Lachie."

"Why don't you use Hunter's then?"

"Because I'm using yours."

"It's there. 5 minutes max don't leave this room." He handed his phone over to me and I called Lachie. I didn't have to unlock it since I knew his number and I just used the emergency dial. Hunter made me learn all of my brothers numbers a few years ago, and just sometimes it came in handy.

The ringer went a few times before he picked up. There was a lot of noise in the background.

"Hi Jaxon." He said, slightly happier than usual.

"Lachie?" I asked.

"Livi? Why are you calling on Jaxon's phone?"

"Doesn't matter. Where are you?"

"At a mates. Why are you calling?"

"How long have you been there?"

"It doesn't matter." He responded, a bit too quickly. Something was up so I stood up from where I was sitting and hurried back to Hunter's office.

"LIVI! DON'T YOU DARE TO ANYTHING WITH MY PHONE!" Jaxon yelled after me but didn't follow.

"Did you call him?" Asked Hunter as I strode in. I hit speaker and passed him the phone. "Lachie?"

"Hunter?" Lachie replied.

"Where are you?"

"At a mates. Why is everyone being so nosy geez." Hunter shooed me away with the flick of one hand and I started to connect the dots.

After at least two or three minutes of me patiently waiting outside the door, playing with Bailey, I heard a loud voice.

"LACHLAN MILLER I AM COMING TO GET YOU RIGHT NOW!" Hunter boomed.

Uh oh.