43) Arguing

Hunter picked me up from Mila's house the next day, then took me home.

"How was it?" He asked whilst we were in the car.

"Great." I sighed happily, memories of Jono flashing in my head.

"What did you do?" He asked, raising a suspicious eyebrow at me.

"We talked and played games. We watched a movie too." I explained, lying easily.

"Ooh, what movie?" He asked, pulling into our driveway.

"To All the Boys I've Loved Before." I said, having watched it after school one-night last week on Netflix.

"Are you sure that's like, appropriate?" He asked.

"Hunter! You make me watch frikkin' horror movies and you ask if a teen romance movie is appropriate?" I yelled at him.

"Excuse me?" He asked sternly.

"Stupid question," I spat, getting out and slamming the door. I didn't even bother to get my bags, just stormed inside and plonked myself on the couch.

"I see you're in a happy mood." Said Olli Sarcastically.

"Go away." I growled, burying my face in the pillow.

I was tired from staying up late last night talking to Mila about everything that happened on my little date, so of course everything was setting me off like a firecracker.

About 2 minutes later I heard the heavy footprints of Hunter walk in to the room and stop right in front of me. He cleared his throat after I didn't move, and I peeked out one angry eye. He had an angry expression on his face.

"What." I grumbled at him.

"Don't you have something to say to me?" He said strictly.

"Don't think so." I said smartly.

"Last time I checked I was the adult here young lady, and I don't believe kids get to swear at adults." He sternly said.

"Ok." I said and shut my eyes again.

"Give me your phone." He said, and my eyes shot open again.

"NO." I yelled at him.

"Either apologise now, for being rude and slamming the door, or give me your phone." He sternly said, anger and frustration lacing his voice. There was no way I was giving him my phone, so I had no choice but to apologise.

"Fine." I spat. "Sorry." I stood up and started leaving but he harshly grabbed my arm and spun me back.

"Now I'm taking your phone whatever you do. None of us are going to let you go to your friend houses and have sleepovers if you're going to act like a 4-year-old afterwards. So show me that you are actually 13 and do the right thing." He growled, getting angrier.

"Sorry Hunter." I said sighing.

"Phone." He said as he held out the other hand that wasn't gripping my arm. I struggled against him to get away but there was no escape from his tight hold. "Now, Olivia." He almost yelled. I could tell he was getting more and more angry, since he was yelling and using my full name.

"Here." I huffed as I passed it to him.

"Thank you, now stay upstairs until I say." He took a big deep breath and let me go. I angrily ran upstairs and slammed my door.

"LIVI!" I heard Lachie yell from next door, but I didn't care.

Tears bubbled my eyes as I thought about what just happened. Why did this all spiral just from him asking what movie I watched? I mean, he did say something stupid, but I kind of overreacted and now everything is going wrong. I don't have my phone and I'm locked up here, whilst Hunter has probably got a headache from the stress of dealing with me.

What have I done?

I didn't feel so good and I was upset, so I closed my blinds, turned off the lights and hopped into bed. It only took a few minutes before I was in a deep slumber. I relived the kiss of Jono and me.

*Hunter's POV

I can't believe how she acted just then. Usually, she's calm and sweet, and does anything I ask. But today, for some reason, she wouldn't cooperate. Like I was the enemy here.

I sat on the couch and rubbed my temple, thinking of what to do with her.

I hated when I was put in these situations. Having to actually discipline my siblings, especially Livi. She pretty much always reacted the worst, because I have been in charge since she was 9, although I'm still her brother, I sometimes feel more like her father. She respects me as one, and never uses the saying, 'You're not my dad', but it still feels so hard. She so precious and tiny, and I'm so huge.

I was lost in thought when I heard the front door click and the clomping of Jaxon walking inside.

"Hey Hunt." He said, sitting next to me then frowning. "Where is everyone? And why are you so stressed?"

"Livi's being...difficult."

"What'd she do?" He sighed.

"Nothing actually. She just wouldn't listen." I said, then explained the story to him. He understood straight away.

"I'll go talk to her." He suggested, standing up.

"Good idea. I heard her lock the door, so grab the key for it." I said, then lay back down on the couch closing my eyes.

Jaxon's footsteps disappeared into the distance, but then I felt a vibrate and heard a ding go off. It wasn't my ringtone, so it must have been Livi's.

I slid her phone from my pocket and looked at the screen. That's strange. It was a text message from someone called J <3. The only person I could think of that would be texting her is Jayden, but I know he has some really crazy contact name in her phone, so it mustn't be him.

Being the caring brother I am, I unlocked her phone and saw they had sent her an image.

Before I could think anymore of it, I heard a high-pitched scream come from upstairs.

I immediately, bolted up, taking 2 steps at a time until I got to Livi's room.

Lachie and Olli had also just ran in, only to see Jaxon the source of the scream and Livi with tears in her eyes, staring down at her bed.

Uh oh.

-

-

Ooh. Cliffhanger. Actually double cliffhanger!

What is going to happen about the photo? And why do you think Jaxon screamed?

Please comment ideas for future chapters, I have one thing I'm desperate to do, but I need some more in between otherwise it will be a bit strange.

Vote. Comment. Enjoy xx