103) Christmas Day

"WAKE UP!" I yelled, jumping onto a very sleepy Jaxon.

"Get off me." He groaned, shoving me off.

"Merry Christmas." I grinned. He must have remembered since he smiled too.

"Merry Christmas baby." He chuckled.

"Get up! We have presents to open!" I exclaimed.

"Go wake everyone else up and then I'll get up."

"One step ahead of you."

"Well I need time to wake up!"

"No time today!" I tried my best to tug him out of bed, even though I really wasn't strong enough to do it.

After arguing and tugging, he finally followed me out of his bedroom and downstairs, where everyone else was sprawled across the couch.

"Presents!" I exclaimed.

We decided we would each get to open our presents and then we'd take turns in giving our secret Santa gifts. Although our system was that you only buy a present for your secret Santa and Hunter would do the rest, every year we always ended up getting presents for all of us.

I gave each of my presents to the boys first since I was the most excited. Olli loved his tops and said they'd be perfect for Bali weather, and thankfully they did fit. Lachie loved his Xbox voucher and Hunter had a good laugh at his bookstore voucher after I told him my reasoning for getting it. Jaxon was also very appreciative of the Xbox game and got me to sit with him afterwards.

Hunter got me a new book called 'All the bright places' which I was excited to read on our trip. Lachie got me chocolate, Olli got me a small voucher for one of the small business clothing stores near our house and Jaxon got me a beach bracelet set.

"Thankyou all so much!" I told them, feeling grateful I had people to take care of me. I knew there were a lot of people who were not enjoying this day as much as myself.

Jaxon helped me put on the bracelet as a few more gifts were opened by the boys, then we decided to do the secret Santa presents. All of them had been put into a pile and were labelled. Then, you had to guess who you thought bought yours.

"Hunter, you go first." I said. He was usually left until last but this year I wanted to make him feel special.

I passed him his present and he unwrapped it to find a new case for his laptop. He'd been complaining recently that the zipper on his didn't work and he needed a new one. Hunter was all for practical presents and was happy with what he received.

"Who do you guess?"

"Uh, Livi?" He guessed. His guesses were always the worst.

"Nope." If you didn't guess right on your first go, you had to wait until the end to find out.

Next was Jaxon since it made sense to just go in age order from now. He got a new hoodie from a brand that was becoming very trendy and was all over social media. He guessed Olli and was right, so that meant mine had to be from either Jaxon, Hunter or Lachie.

Next was Olli, who was my Secret Santa. I handed him the box and tried to keep a natural face.

"Ooh its kind of heavy." He commented, starting to unwrap it.

"No way!" I bought him a new Xbox controller since we needed a new one. We have four but one is really old and will only sometimes connect to the Xbox and another is missing a few buttons from their game rage, as I like to call it.

"Who do you guess?" Lachie asked.

"Hunter?" He guessed, after some thought. We weren't doing so good at the guessing today.

"Nope, wasn't me." Hunter shook his head.

Next was Lachie who got this really cool charging port. It had a space for AirPods, an apple watch and a phone all in one station. I was really jealous of his present.

"Hunter?" Lachie guessed.

"Yep."

"Thank you so much. This is the coolest thing ever." He gaped. Hunter was clearly happy the present was liked.

That left the only options for my present to be Jaxon or Lachie.

"Your turn Livi." Jaxon passed the last present to me. I felt like it was him. Something about it.

My present was small and compact, so I was quickly able to open it. It was a blue card with Disney+ written over it.

"A year of Disney+?!" I exclaimed.

"Guess who it is so they can explain." Olli hurried.

"Jaxon?"

"Yeah." He nodded. "It was a bit over the price, but I figured you'd share with us. Now you can watch all those strange movies you like without bothering us to buy or rent them for you."

"Thankyou!" I squealed, jumping into his arms. "I love it."

"I'm glad." He laughed.

We listened to Christmas music and ate breakfast whilst admiring our gifts. I put together a small trifle and helped Hunter with the turkey, preparing for our Christmas lunch. This was my favourite meal of the year, but we had made much less food since we wouldn't be able to eat any of the leftovers.

Eli and Harvey dropped around to say hi and give us a few gifts. We gave them theirs and their cookies before they told us to enjoy our trip and left.

Hunter and Jaxon packed the last of their stuff and put it into the car so that we wouldn't have to worry about it later as I set the table.

"Are we having dinner at the airport?" I asked Hunter once he came back inside.

"We'll probably get McDonalds or something like that. It'll be a lot later though, so we'll take some snacks. I'm sure you'll have eaten plenty throughout the day thought."

"And you're taking me to Noah's at 2:30 and picking me up at 3:30?"

"Yes, Livi, that is the plan." He sighed, sick of my questions.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"It's okay baby, I'm just a little stressed out." He kissed my forehead. He was always tense before going on a plane, worried something was going to go wrong and ruin our trip.