54) Costumes

Today I had dance first up, which is great because I knew it would give me a break from school work and help me get my mind off things.

"Next week is the dance showcase everyone!" Announced Abigail, even though that's all anyone has been talking about. "I have the costumes to show you as well, and at the end of the lesson you can take them home." She finished, and Isaiah wheeled the rack into the room. All you could see was the black cases the costumes hung in, but that didn't stop everyone from buzzing with excitement.

Abigail hadn't told us anything about the costumes at all, but we did know that they wouldn't be skirts because our school has the really stupid rule that the dancers can't wear skirts for acro performances. Really stupid if you ask me.

"Who would like to see theirs?" Asked Isaiah, earning an eruption of screams and squeals. "I'm going to pick someone at random on my phone, then they can go change in the bathroom then come and show us. One boy and one girl okay?" Isaiah pulled out his phone and chose shuffle girls. We waited and waited, then heard the tick of the programme making its choice. "Livi." He smiled, and my face lit up. "And Alexander." Alexander was one of the other boys in my class. I didn't know him very well, but together we went and grabbed our costumes and headed to the change rooms.

"Meet me out here since you'll probably take longer than me." He instructed, before we went into our separate rooms.

I unzipped the black case to see shimmering gold sequins and black lace. I pulled the leotard fully out and saw it had one covered leg and one covered arm, but the rest finished like regular leotards.

After looking at it in awe for a few minutes, I snapped out of my trance and hurriedly changed, then headed out.

"Wow. You look great." Alexander said to me casually.

"Thanks!" I replied cheerily. "Yours looks amazing as well!" I complimented.

The boys costume was similar to ours, only instead of their bodies being a gold sequin design, they wore an over coat.

We headed back to the room and walked in. Everyone froze speechless in awe.

"Bravo, bravo! They look even better than I'd hoped!" Exclaimed Abigail, clapping her hands. Lexi ran over to me and we squealed in excitement together. This was going to be a great show!

..................................................................................................................................................................................

"Hunter!" I yelled when I heard the front door click open.

"Hey there baby. What's got you so excited?" He asked, giving me a quick hug then putting his bag down, so he could take his jacket off.

"I've got to show you something!" I whispered loudly, eyes wide.

"What have you got to show him?" Asked Jaxon, appearing behind us.

"Nothing." I said casually.

"Well, it's definitely something." He scoffed.

"It's for Hunter. Not you." I shot back.

"I'm hurt." He rolled his eyes. "I want to see too."

"Jax." Hunter said, giving the message of 'drop it'.

"I was just letting my natural human instincts work but..." I didn't let Jaxon finish, but instead grabbed Hunter's hand and dragged him out of the room. Behind us Jaxon was still going on about his 'natural human instincts', so I called back to him.

"Shut the hell up Jaxon!" I screamed downstairs.

"Oi. Don't say that." Hunter rolled his eyes, lightly slapping my arm.

"Look, look, look!" I yelled, pointing over to the black costume case that was laid on my bed.

"What is it?" He asked, sitting down and grabbing it.

"I'll show you." I replied sassily, snatching it out of his hands and strutting into the bathroom. I heard Hunter laugh behind me, but I was too busy hurrying to change into the costume.

Once I was done, I stepped out of the bathroom and coughed to get his attention. He looked up from his phone and smiled.

"Wow." He admired. "That's so much better than some of the costumes you've worn before."

"I know!" I said, doing a neat cartwheel across my room. Hunter laughed and came over to where I was twirling around. He grabbed my waist and flung me up into the air, then caught me right before I hit the ground. "Do that again!" I giggled.

Before he could do it again, my door flung open and Olli walked in.

"Why are you wearing a lycra suit?" He asked, laughing. I screamed and ran into my bathroom, then changed my mind and popped my head around the door. He was still standing in the same spot. "Shhhh. You didn't see me." I winked at him, before turning back to change. Instead of putting my school uniform back on, I quickly ducked into my wardrobe to find some of Jaxon's socks and his hoodie, which I paired with my grey trackies.

Once I was happy with my look, I let my hair down and flattened it out, then headed downstairs. No one was watching TV, so I hurriedly grabbed the remote and turned it on. Brooklyn 99 turned on, the new series, and my eyes lit up in delight. I hadn't seen this episode since it wasn't on Netflix.

"What the heck is this junk?" Asked Jaxon, coming and snatching the remote out of my hand and quickly changed the channel.

"1, that is not junk! And 2, give it back!" I yelled.

"Nah, I want to watch this." He shrugged, sitting down next to me. I saw he put the footy on, and I audibly groaned.

"This is junk." I pointed out.

"No it's not. This is a game that requires skill and focus." He justified, then ignored me.

It didn't take long for the rest of the boys to file in, all interested in watching the stupid footy game. I did try to leave at one point, but Jaxon didn't let me. I think he just liked to see me suffering in boredom.