Part One : The Beginning Of It All

Anthony Summers, who was to be eighteen in a few months time, was stuck in a phase from which he just could not escape. For one, he was heartbroken. For another, he was a chain smoker as well as a drug addict - he abused LSD's. He was stuck in a bad friend circle which closed in on him whenever he tried to get away. He considered himself an utter failure. To him, life was meaningless ...
While staring at the girl at the ticket counter as she searched for the vacant seats, Anthony didn't realise that he had caught the attention of many girls who were enamoured by his good looks. Anthony had never considered himself good looking but it was to be admitted he was one handsome youngster. He was tall, slender and well built; a pale young man with messy jet black hair and a stubble on his face.
A curvy, blond girl of fifteen or sixteen slid next to him at the ticket counter, raising her eyebrows in the hopes of catching his attention, only to walk away as she realized there was no chance of him looking her way.
As he eagerly walked into the theatre, Anthony felt his phone buzz and quickly pulled it out, to a text message.
I'm going out for dinner. I'll catch up with you after it.
Done and done, he texted back. I'm in for a movie, so yeah ... Catch you later.
Bye ! Have fun ! Came her reply.
Grinning, Anthony pushed the phone back into his pocket as he tore up to his seat. Once seated, he pulled out his phone again, and reread her messages to him from the first. For some strange reason, he felt his cheeks turn warm. However he chose to brush the feeling away and put his phone away as the film started.
Unfortunately, the film was boring and Anthony dozed off, her messages the last thing on his mind. He woke up in time to the end credits. Relieved at the fact the film was over, he rushed out of the theatre, his phone clutched in his hand, in the hopes of a text from her ...
Megharleen Johansson was the girl who had caught Anthony's attention through her writings. Just like him, she too, was to turn eighteen in a span of few months.
Unlike Anthony, who had always been reckless, Megharleen was thoughtful. The differences were few in comparison to the similarities which were more and in abundance. Both shared a passion for psychology, English literature, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the DC anti hero Harley Quinn and the supervillain Joker.
Megharleen and Anthony had met during a party hosted by one of their mutual friends. Megharleen, who was not the party going type, had been forced to attend the event where, after the passage of two hours, hid herself behind the curtains of the balcony. Her hope for peace had been shattered when a drunk Anthony fell through the curtains, scaring the daylights out of her. Frightened and even angry, Megharleen accepted the drunk Anthony's apology and chose to forgive him. It wasn't the most promising start for a friendship but life ... Life has a knack for being full of surprises ...