Part Twelve : Batterings And Blues

Anthony stared as the blond advanced on him. He could not think of a reason why this strange burly blond would want to beat the crud out of him. Neither could he figure out who the girl was and why she seemed to be afraid of him.
Anthony's brain seemed to have given up on him, as it provided no information on those two as well as no help on how to tackle the burly blond.
Blonds are supposed to be cute and little, not burly and scary and capable of lifting you off your feet !
Anthony found himself off his feet and saw his feet in the air. The blond was holding him up, his strong arms around him, squeezing the air out if him. Anthony struggled in the strong arms, trying to get out but no avail. He finally quit trying to fight and gave in.
The blond set Anthony down and grabbed him by the shoulder, making Anthony look at him straight in the eye. Anthony willed himself to look back.
'You know why I'm hitting you ?'
'No.'
The blond grinned. He gestured towards the girl who was throwing terrified looks at Anthony.
'Ask her.'
Anthony turned to the girl and merely stared at her. And he looked back at the blond, when she started talking.
'You nearly assaulted me last night.'
Her words felt like a slap in his face. Anthony reddened.
'I did what ?'
'You assaulted me, kind of.'
Anthony felt sick all of a sudden.
'I assaulted you ?'
'Yes, you did. You don't remember, do you ? Of course, you were heavily drunk.'
Anthony felt sicker than before. Shame burned inside him. He had scared her and probably scarred her too !
'I'm sorry.'
'I forgive you.'
'No, you can't.'
The bond's angry words cut in. Both the girl and Anthony were startled and looked at him.
'Apologise to her.'
Anthony willed himself to look at her in the eye.
'I'm sorry.'
As if those words had been a cue, the blond threw a punch at Anthony's face. Anthony stumbled backward and the girl squeaked.
The blond glared at the girl and snapped at her.
'Leave now.'
'But -'
'I asked you to leave.'
The blond's tone was deadly and the girl turned around and walked away, a kind of defect in her walk. The blond turned his attention back to Anthony and grabbing him by the arm, started walking away from the field to the nearest alley. Anthony went with him, hoping to apologise properly. The spectators merely watched and let Anthony get dragged away.
I hope he gives me a chance to explain ! Maybe he'll understand !
The blond pushed Anthony against the wall. And to Anthony's surprise, he smiled.
Not a sincere kind of smile but an evil kind.
Leaning down, he smirked at Anthony. Anthony struggled to process the meaning of the turnout in his head.
'Listen here, you prat. I'm not too fond of the fact my girl actually forgave you. She ain't allowed to forgive anyone except anyone, except me. So  I'm just gonna have to beat you up for it.'
Anthony went numb on those words.
Suddenly, anger burned inside.
The asshole ! Does he actually think I'm going to let him punch me in the face like he did before ? I know how to hit back in this douchebag' s face !
Anthony summoned all his strength and threw his fist at the blond's stomach.
The blond, caught by surprise, let out a cry of pain. He narrowed his eyes and glared at Anthony.
Anthony had had enough. The screwed up blond had the audacity to try and beat him just because his girl had chosen to forgive him.
The nerve ! I'll show him !
Anthony raised his fists and threw another punch. The blond, however, blocked the punch and struck Anthony by surprise. Anthony struck back and it went on till Anthony kicked the blond hard at his weak point. The blond grunted and dropped down, unable to bear the pain and Anthony seizing his chance, ran. Anthony ran from the alley, until he happened to come across the girl who had been with the blond.
At the sight of him, the girl looked terrified again. Anthony quickly went up to her and apologized once more.
'It's okay. I would rather thank that phone call.'
Anthony blushed. The girl took notice and raised her eyebrows. Anthony mumbled.
'She told me.'
The girl chuckled.
'Poor girl. Is she alright ?'
'Yeah. She is.'
Suddenly, Anthony fell silent.
'What's wrong ?'
'Don't you feel weird talking to me, after what happened ?'
The girl turned rosy but she managed to answer.
'I do, but now that I've forgiven you, I'm trying to ignore that.'
'Thanks. I've to go now.'
'Bye. See you.'
Anthony ran but he had not gone more than a second; he turned back to look at the girl and called back.
'Forgot to ask, what's your name ?'
The girl, who had been walking away, looked back and answered, her name being the most peculiar one Anthony had ever heard.
'It's Alianova Ivan !'