Chapter Thirteen : Twists And Turns.

Alianova Ivan.
Wow, that's a beautiful name.
That sounds like something Megharleen would say. Wait ? Am I turning into her ? Oh well ...
Anthony made his way home, chuckling to himself and deep in thought.
I'll have to tell Megharleen what really happened.
Anthony had no clue in what was in store for him in time.

A hand shook due to a mixture of feelings as it dropped in coins into the payphone. Her prayers and wait were answered as a soft voice attended the call.
'Hello. This is Harleen Johansson. May I know who this is ?'
'Harleen, it's me, Alianova.'
'Hey. What up ?'
'Listen, I need to tell you something.'
'Sure. Go on.'
'Not here. In person.'
'Okay. Meet you at Hortons then ?'
Alianova hesitated.
'Don't worry. I'll pay.'
Alianova released her breath.
'Thank you.'
'No mention please.'
'Bye. I'll see you there.'
With that, Alianova felt ease and slowly and quietly, made her way to Tim Hortons.

By the time Alianova reached Tim Hortons, Megharleen had already reached, not to mention the fact she had ordered two cups of hot chocolate and a double chocolate muffin for Alianova. There was also a bottle of mineral water and a packet of cookies on the table.
Alianova dropped herself into the chair opposite Megharleen and reached out for the bottle of water in front of her. She took a long gulp and put the bottle down, her eyes fixed on Megharleen.
'Thanks.'
'Don't mention it.'
Alianova sighed. She blushed and shyly looked up at Megharleen who was gently smiling at her. She brought herself to speak.
'It's kinda difficult now, that my parents -'
Alianova stopped, tears filled her eyes.
Megharleen's eyes were soft. She held out a tissue for Alianova. She leaned forward as Alianova took the tissue from her. She quietly raised the question.
'Alianova. What happened ?'
Alianova swallowed.
'It's me. Don't worry.'
Alianova pulled in her breath deeply and let out.
Her voice was low and afraid.
And Megharleen ...
Megharleen was not prepared for her words.
'I was nearly raped.'
Alianova looked terrified.
It was Megharleen's turn to swallow.
'You ... What ?!'
Alianova nodded.
'I ...'
'It's okay, Harleen.'
Alianova's voice cracked and she choked. Tears were streaming down her cheeks as she looked at Megharleen, who had leaned back in her chair.
Blood rushed into Megharleen's head.
A voice screamed in her head. The loudest scream in her head ...
Don't say anything ! She needs you to listen ! That's the best thing you can do for her !
Megharleen looked at her crying friend and something inside her made her want to take her home and keep her safe, but Alianova was not used to 'home'. She had been fending for herself since little and she never felt  at home anywhere.
'Megharleen ?'
Megharleen snapped back.
'It was my fault.'
Megharleen blinked.
'Your fault ?'
'I shouldn't have been out that late.'
'No !'
Alianova stared, curiosity in her eyes.
Megharleen cleared her throat so her voice came out stronger.
'It wasn't your fault. Attacks happen in broad daylight too, I don't blame you.'
'You don't ?'
'I don't.'
Megharleen and Alianova locked eyes for a minute and came to a silent agreement. Megharleen sat quietly, thoughts fighting inside her as she watched Alianova finish her hot chocolate and muffin. As the waiter cleared the table, Megharleen asked him for the bill and a few minutes later, he returned with it. As she tipped the waiter, Megharleen quietly signalled for Alianova to follow her.
Alianova and Megharleen quietly left the café.
As soon as they stepped out, Megharleen turned to Alianova and asked her to explain the happenings.
'I was waiting for Paul late night as he had gone to get his stash ...'
Alianova quietly explained scenario to Megharleen who did not ask questions. When parts of the attack was mentioned, Megharleen was caught off guard by the appearance of the boy when Alianova described him.
'Tall, pale, jet black messy hair ?'
'Yes.'
Ohh fuck ! No, it can't be ! Is it ... Him ?
'Megharleen ?'
'Yeah ?'
'You okay ?'
'Yes, just thinking.'
A voice screamed and pleaded inside her head.
Please ! Anyone but him !