Part Seven : Unwanted Realizations

The alarm went off ...
Opening his eyes despite not wanting to, Anthony woke and sat up, dazed. His vision was blurry, he rubbed his eyes again.
The view grew clearer and he realised ...
How in the world did I end up in my own bedroom ?!
The door opened.
And there stood his younger sister.
Ohh no !
I can't ...
But I've to ...
Anthony stared at his sister before breaking into questions ...
'Flora ?'
'Yeah ?
'How did I get back here ?'
And Flora broke into terrified, quick speech. Her voice was low.
'Anthony, I'd come downstairs for a glass of water at three when I heard the sounds. It was you, you were stumbling, you couldn't even walk properly ! I opened the French window and let you in ! And you were saying some girl's name over and over again. Mega - something. Megara - Meg something ! You were rambling about hurting her and how you broke her heart and all. I quite couldn't understand. And I was afraid mom and dad would find out. So I managed to keep you quiet and get you up here, to the room.'
Anthony stared at Flora for a few minutes, digesting everything she had said. After a few minutes, he brought himself to speak.
'Thank you.'
'Don't mention it.'
With those words, Flora left the room.
Anthony sank back onto the pillow as he tried to remember the happenings of the previous night.
Nothing.
Darn it !
And her name crossed his mind.
Megharleen !
Harleen ! What did I do to you ?
Anthony started looking around for his phone. He forced himself to get off the bed to retrieve it from the bureau.
With shivering fingers, Anthony slowly scrolled up the call log, ignoring the messages.
And his worst fear was realised.
Holy shit !
She'll kill me.
Suddenly, another voice whispered inside his head, which made him guiltier.
She would say it's alright.
Give it a rest.
You didn't mean to.
I can understand.
Anthony was considering on a call with her when the messages caught his attention.
His eyes grew wide with delight when he saw her name displayed. Elated, for the time being, he opened her inbox.
He read her message ...
And nearly dropped his phone ...
No ! It can't be ! She can't ! I'm not ... !
And the truth slapped him in the face.
I'm in love with her ... I love her ...
A voice screamed inside his head.
Going to break her too, pretty boy ?
And there it began ...
The clash of the different voices of his conscience.
You'll break her the way everyone else did !
No !
You will ! You know her story, don't you ?
I won't break her ! I can't !
What makes you so sure ?
Cause ... She's the one ! She's the answer !
To your cravings for cigs ? Stash ?
I'll find out.
Anthony struggled a while with his thoughts. He could not afford to hurt her, not after everything she had been through ... 
And finally it came to him ...
He knew what he needed to do.
He was sure she would give him chance, but first ...
First, he needed to tell her how he felt about her.
Exactly how he felt about her ...
Anthony opened her inbox and typed in the reply to her confessional message. And then, he rang her up, only to reach her voicemail.
A pretty feminine voice spoke.
You've reached Megharleen Johansson's voicemail. Please leave a message. Your call will be returned. Thank you.