Enough is Enough

Heya friends! Due to some technical errors, I was unable to publish this chapter from my drafts. Trying hard. It's the first chapter of the story:) sorry for the inconvenience.

Zeel's POV

"Zeel bring me the coffee"

"Zeel file the papers"

"Zeel get the photocopies of  documents and courier them"

Hi.. I am Zeel. Whatever you are hearing are the commands that my employer Aanshi Singh Maam. (I call her Aanshi Maam)  would give me daily.

You see she is a World Famous Archeologist.. Any person belonging to my field would be envious of me, for getting the opportunity to work under her. When I joined her team as an intern, I was freshly out of the collage. Though my stipend was considerably low, I didn't mind. I did expect a high level of exposure of her projects in order  to fulfil my hunger of gaining practical knowledge of my field.

However I was proved wrong. You see after joining her firm, all I had to do was clerical work. Like ordering lunch, dinner, coffee for her, bringing her laundry and sometimes even cleaning her home.

She gave the "cream work" to her old staff who were more experienced than me. All I had to do was just to visit her site and do clerical works like cleaning the equipments or arrange for food for the team or do legal work. Many times I asked her to give me a chance of working with her but she would just nod and leave the topic.

I was helping her to prepare for her trip to excavation project for Ashwagadh Palace. You see it's a world famous palace where the Royal Family of Prajapts stay. A huge museum  (within the palace) is made by the Prince for the preservation of centuries old handicrafts, paintings, vessels, texts and so on. Such invaluable treasures belong to their ancestors and it is a privilege to be able to study them. Recently many old jewelleries were discovered in the palace garden when then gardener was busy digging the well. Those precious trinkets could worth a fortune.

The prince had not yet kept such pieces of art in the museum for the public and the media to see. He wanted to first get them valued and assessed. So he appointed Aanshi Maam. I guess it was the biggest break of her life. I wished that I was in her place.

It was suddenly when she shouted that I came out of my trance. " Zeel please cancel my Tickets to the Ashwagadh town. I am not visiting the Ashwagadh Palace"

"But why Maam?" I couldn't help but to ask. Why would someone leave such a rare opportunity?

"I just got a mail from the Royal Palace. His Highness is out of the town so he wants to cancel the valuation process. The other Royal family members are also out of the country." She said with the disappointment clear on her face.

I felt bad for her. As I was about to make a call for cancellation of her ticket she said "can you please clean my office while I am out? You see the maid hasn't arrived yet". Before I could explain her that I was her intern and not the maid, she stormed out of the office.

While cleaning the office, I came across her laptop. It had a new mail in the inbox. It was from the Royal Palace

"Respected Madam

It is to inform you that the His Highness, the Prince of Ashwagadh would like to resume the process of  valuation of antiques. Therefore please do not cancel your tickets. Your stay shall be in our palace itself. Can you please report on 15th of May 2019 ie tomorrow?. We wait for your reply"

- On Behalf of  Prince Ashwin
Ashwagadh Palace"

I was about to inform her about the mail. However I decided that it was enough. It was high time I take the project into my own hands and prove her that I am equally capable of tackling any process. But the question was why would someone admit an intern like me? I can't simply pose as an experienced Archeologist and convince the Prince and the Royal Officials that I am the expert of this field.

So I decided to use my head. It was super risky but I was frustrated and impulsive to the point of even losing my job. But this job didn't have any utility that would make me repent over losing my job so it was worth it.

I took Maam's laptop and typed the letter

To
His Highness,
The Ashwagadh Palace,

Respected sir,
It will be an honour to work with you. I am looking forward to unravel the mystery of the treasures belonging to your family.

I shall reach by tomorrow morning around 8 o clock.

Yours Faithfully
Aanshi Singh

I immediately sent the mail and clicked delete button of the my sent mail so that Aanshi Maam would not be able to read it. I also deleted the mail received from the Palace.

I immediately typed my "Permission for the Leave Letter" and went to get the leave permission.

I felt a pang of guilt for planning to impersonate her but then I heard something like that

" Zeel it doesn't matter if you go for three days or ten days. Things can work without you"

And trust me. That guilt was washed away with the feeling of determination.
Before leaving her office, I collected her identity card's photocopy and went to the firm's storeroom. It had many boxes of tools used for excavation or restoration projects. I immediately chose the one I found suitable (after all those cleaning equipment experiences) and left the office before anyone could see me.

 I immediately chose the one I found suitable (after all those cleaning equipment experiences) and left the office before anyone could see me