Jeans Pocket

Prince Ashwin's (Arham's) POV

Okay let me clear this. I hate to lie. But when I found someone ready to attack me over treasure that I was digging at late night, I was amused. That girl wanted to guard the treasure with her life from a stranger who could be dangerous... Though it was stupid to roam around in an unknown palace after midnight, I was impressed by her bravery.

Actually I was out of the town for some business. And returned to the palace at midnight. Unable to sleep, I was curious about the treasure that my forefathers had hidden. So I started digging the garden all by myself until I was attacked by a girl with messy hair and cartoon pyjamas. She was hellbent in making me leave.

I wouldn't harm her but I was scared that she would shout, accuse me of harming her and call the guards and that would make things awkward. Plus she was in no mood to listen to me.

At the breakfast time, I went to the dining area reserved for the normal guests to find her busy with her breakfast. And decided to tease her. It was fun seeing her irritated face. And the fact that she was treating me very normally. As if I was an unwanted person in my own house. I found it amusing and funny at the same time and decided to go with the flow.

So I decided to keep up the drama till the time it is possible. I went inside the kitchen and told Sursevakji and others to not to address me as Prince but call me Chef Arham (my mother calls me Arham so I chose that name). She had assumed that I was the chef.

I was alone in the Palace as my family was out of the country for the vacation.
Besides ever since the treasure was discovered, I was very much curious about the heritage that was left by my forefathers.

But the question was, if that girl was such a big name, why did she look like a 'fresh out of collage' person? She looked too young. Besides though she was good with handling her equipment, she didn't look like an expert. In the past I had worked with many Archeologists and had observed their techniques. Though she was well versed and did her homework about the history of my family, yet she lacked the aura of expertise that an expert Archeologist usually possess. She still had an air of a student.

Suddenly I heard Sursevakji knocking at my door. He came inside and handed me a small piece of paper. It was a railway ticket.

"Aanshi Maam gave her clothes for laundry and before washing the clothes, the servant checked the jeans pocket. He found this in her jeans pocket. I had assumed that she had came via flight." Said Sursevakji.

That's when I decided to open up Google and do the research

That's when I decided to open up Google and do the research. I typed her name and tried to find some articles about her with her photo.

And what did I find? She was not Aanshi Singh but someone else. A picture appeared where the original Aanshi Singh was posing with her team. And amongst the team members, stood the 'fake' Aanshi Singh.

"Sursevakji" I ordered. "I need all the information about the team of real Aanshi Singh as soon as possible"

I was furious. I could hand over that girl to the police. But then a thought came into my head. I must act calm and find out why she was imposing as Aanshi Singh? Was she sent by the real Aanshi Singh or she came here without her knowledge?

One thing was clear. I didn't doubt that she was a thief. Why? Because she stood against me at the night of her arrival and prevented me from digging assuming that I was a stranger. But what if she prevented me just in order to steal the treasure for herself?

I am good at judging people and my conscious refused to believe that she was a thief. Yet as a part of precaution, I decided to delay the process of digging and checking the jewels.

And meanwhile, she could stay at the palace and do anything she pleases. Of course she would be under my watchful eyes.