Familiarity (1)

Heya friends! You see now both Zeel (aka Aanshi) and the Prince (aka Arham) have  decided to keep a watchful eye over each other. Won't it be fun? What do you think will happen? Will Zeel come to know that Arham is the Prince himself? Enjoy the ride:):)

Aanshi Singh's (Zeel's) POV

"But why? Everything is going on so smoothly" I protested.

"I am really sorry ma'am. I understand that you are very positive about the process but the Prince has strictly ordered to delay the process. He wants to join you in the process and participate in every detailed thing step that you do. You see he is very much curious about how you carry out the whole digging and excavation process. He shall be joining you within few days and you can continue after that"  explained Sursevakji.

And my face fell. I was so excited to find if my theory about the ivory was true or not! And I was so excited to see whole carbon dating procedure and the digging process. Anyways that could happen in near future so I should not be disappointed. I decided to make the maximum use of the time I had.

I decided to roam in the beautiful palace gardens and read the history books about the Kingdom from the library. That could help me in the process in the future. Now that the process was delayed, the treasure was locked inside the locker safely which meant that I didn't need to keep an eye on Arham.

I went to the garden and sat under the shade of a huge banyan tree. Read almost half a book. Then I saw a vintage car driving past the gates of the palace. And an idea hit me. I requested a servant to give me a big tyre and a long rope. And then help me make a swing using those  two objects.

And then I plugged on earphones and switched on my favourite playlist and started swinging

And then I plugged on earphones and switched on my favourite playlist and started swinging... my open hair flying in the air! It was a beautiful cloudless sky with mild winter sunshine and the birds chirping around.

Wait! What is he doing over here?

Arham's POV. (Prince's POV)

I was busy with an early morning business call when I saw her from the distance. With her hair flying, she looked like an innocent kid enjoying the nature and the swing. A careless smile on her face indicated that she did enjoy the solitude. I wondered if she was disappointed when I ordered the delay in archeological excursion. (I just wanted to have her whole history before I could allow her to touch the treasure.) I had expected her to stay in her room whole day and sulk. But there she was. Enjoying the life!

I finished my phone call and walked towards her. Her careless approach made me curious.

"What are you doin?" I asked

"Can't you see, I am swinging?" She smiled happily and continued. Unfazed from the interruption. Normally if it would have been any other girl, she would have been embarrassed to be swinging like a silly in front of a Prince of the state.

"I see your work has been postponed" I grinned in order to tease her.

"That's because the Prince finds it interesting to work with ME"  she answered back and I couldn't stop smiling.

"Seems like you know him very well" I remarked. Trying to look annoyed.

"You have no idea how much he is influenced by me! He is dying to work with me. I don't mind that" she said smiling mischievously.

"And mind you! I shall let him know about what you were doing at the middle of the night in the garden" she warned me.

I smirked to which she made an annoyed face. I decided to tease her further

"Mind giving me a ride in your swing?" I asked.

" okay" she got up.

Now to be frank I was never allowed to play with mud or swings or see saws in my childhood. My childhood was strict, full with the rules. I was homeschooled and had a few but loyal friends. It was only after I joined the Collage, I learned to be more social. My training as a Prince taught me how to deal with various kinds of people.

However I never had a careless childhood. Everything was pre planned for me and I wasn't allowed the luxury to stare aimlessly at the skies or play whenever I wish. I had to go with the timetable unlike the other kids.

I was trying to figure out how to sit on the swing. It had looked like fun in the beginning.

"Don't tell me you never played on swings!" She said, her hands on her hips.

"Let's say I didn't have a happy childhood" I said in order to avoid giving her explanation. I didn't want to give her any idea about my identity. I also made a sad serious face to give effect to my sentence.

"It's okay. I understand that you were from a lesser financial privileged background. But look at you now! You work as a Royal Chef! Definitely you must have made yourself and your family proud! You have came a long way!" She said trying to console me.

" Besides you can now afford to have luxuries that we weren't able to afford in your childhood. Look. Take this" she said offering me her swing. And one look at it gave me a suriety that I would either end up breaking my bones or end up swaying like a kid. She was waiting for me, holding the swing and waiting for me to ride it.. It was kinda cute

Trust me.Suppressing laughter seemed such a difficult thing that moment!