Hot as Ice

Heya friends!!!!!! I am super excited to start the chapter from Arham's POV!!!!

Arham's POV

"If you are such a huge person in the field of Archeology, why don't you have a team?" I asked her once again in order to rattle her.

She looked at me and for a split of second I could notice the change of emotion in her face. You see I have been dealing with a super irritating yet an amusing person who is as irritated to me as I am with her. And she has a huge expressive eyes which seems to speak something other than what her words claim.

"I believe that a project like this requires my personal attention without any distraction from any other person"  she taunted me. (She meant that for her staff but the way she spoke, I felt it was directed to me)

And I didn't buy her excuse but decided to keep my queries to myself. She was a big name and it was a privilege to be working in her presence.

"I got it!!!!!" She almost shouted scaring me with her voice bringing me back from my thoughts.

" now I can send this Jewellary  for carbon dating!" she exclaimed happily

What nonsense! How can you send a jewellary for carbon dating? I looked at her doubtfully. Carbon dating requires presence of a living cell.

"Did you find this jewellary case along with the treasure?" She half shouted and half asked me.

"Yes so?" I asked impatiently, her excitement rubbing me off

"Well guess what? The case is adorned with the elephant's ivory! It's a bone!!! So we can send the case for the carbon dating process and find out how old it is!!!!" She squealed with excitement.

And that was the moment I realised that she enjoyed and LOVED her work. It was so evident from her eyes.

"But how can you be so sure that it is a ivory?" I asked.

"Because I think so. You see I had studied about Ashwagadh's  Royal family's history before I came here. The kings used ivory to adorn the pieces of jewellary as well as small pieces of furniture . So as soon as the case was brought to me, I started searching for any ivory content in the jewellary and the case. And guess what? I found it. I am very much sure that this element (pointing it) is a pure ivory though" she looked at me, the happy eyes trying to convince me.

"I think we should also hire a Jeweller to authenticate that this piece of ivory is real" she said.

"What do you mean? You think that the Kings in this palace used fake Jewels?" I asked annoyed

"I mean to say" she said cautiously, surprised by my behaviour. "There can be chances that I am wrong about the fact that this piece is ivory. It can be something else too"

"Great then. We can first send it to jeweller and then let's send it for the carbon dating process! " I agreed.

"But I don't know anyone over here who is a jeweller or someone who knows about carbon dating process." She said confused.

"Don't worry about that. We can contact a reputed jeweller and for the carbon dating process, I know an expert. His lab is within the town itself. I shall send the case to him" I assured her.

And she looked at me with a doubt.

"You know I don't trust you right? I suggest we wait for the Prince and then send it for carbon dating"  she said.

I took a deep breath. Sacrifices you have to do in order to work with an eccentric girl!

"That is fine with me" I accepted my defeat.

"We would also require an expert to first confirm that it's an ivory. Though I am sure about it, I still would like a second opinion." She said and I nodded in affirmative.

Then I instructed Sursevakji to take away the case in the presence of the guards. And looked at her. She yawned and stretched. It was noon by then. Lunch time.

"What were you searching in the garden last night?" She asked me as soon as we walked out of the room.

"I wanted to know what treasures lie beneath the ground. It was the exact spot from where the gardener found the chest. So I thought that digging at the night time without anyone noticing the spot will help me find more treasure" I said matter of factly. Of course no one goes in garden after midnight in order to get fresh air.

"And who gave you the license to steal the property of the Royal family?" She asked me accusingly.

"I am authorised to carry out operations on behalf of the family" I couldn't suppress my laughter.

And why not? I was Ashwin.... the Prince of Ashwagadh