22

It's been two months since Ayo and Kore got together, they were just on their way back from a party when Ayo noticed Kore was uncharacteristically quiet, so she asked,

"What's going on? You are so quiet."

No answer.

"Kore, I'm talking to you!" She said, tapping his shoulder.

"Oh! So, you want to talk to me now, right? You went to a party as my date and for the most part of the event, you were socializing with another guy and now you ask me why I'm quiet after disrespecting me."

"Ah-ha, wait, where is all these coming from? I saw my friend that I have not seen in a while and I decided to catch up. What is wrong with that?"

"Nothing is wrong. Especially when he keeps undressing you with his eyes. Nothing is wrong at all."

"I don't know where all these is coming from but Wale is my friend and he would never do that. And I see no reason why you are getting mad and making a mountain out of a mole."

Kore didn't reply after that, particularly because he was really mad. Everything had been going fine until she saw that guy and then she excused herself and left him standing by himself to go talk to the guy and she spent almost all the time with him. Laughing at whatever stupid things he was saying and the guy kept touching her hand, her ear! Okay, he was mad!

When they got home, Kore put off the engine, slammed the door shut and went to the main house getting on Ayo's nerves.
That was Friday night.

Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ

"I get it that you are mad, babe but you don't have to shout at the interns like that and slam everything sharply. You are giving me headache o. What happened?" Lara asked patiently.

"Sorry, nothing." Ayo said as she went through a document.

"That's what I won't have. You have to tell me what made you this pissed off." Lara insisted.

"More like who." Ayo murmured.

"Now I really want to hear it."

"We went to a party on Friday night. I went as his date. When we got to the party, I saw Wale. I told you about Wale, right?"

"The Badmus' son you said likes you but you can't be with because you don't really like him that way."

"God bless you o. That's how your Oga wanted to have hypertension and did not talk to me through out the weekend because I was talking to Wale at the party."

"Talking to him? How long did you talk to him?"

"It was just like you know, for a while. We've not seen each other in a long time and I decided to chat and catch up. He was now doing as if witches from his mother's house possessed him. Was I cheating on him that way?"

Lara sighed, "Let me get this straight. He took you to a party to be his date. When you got there, you met a friend whom you've not seen in a while and you decided to spend a greater part of your entire time there with him rather than your date."

"Lara, why are you putting it that way na?"

"Because that's how it is. Now, put yourself in his shoe. Imagine it was him that decided to socialize with someone else for a greater part of the outing and you were left alone. How would you feel?"