36

"I can not believe my eyes! I just can't. Damn!" Kore said pacing to and fro the part of that lounge he and his friends occupied.

"You can't believe what?" Tosin asked.

Tade said, "He should even stop pacing, it's aggravating my headache. Tell us what you saw that you could not believe."

Kore explained, "You know I told you I was going to meet a potential client at ICM (Ikeja City Mall)."

Tade said, "Yes, you did. So?"

"I nailed the deal and..." Kore was saying when Tosin interrupted,

"Congratulations man!"

Tade said, "Drinks on you, bro."

Kore continued, "Whatever. On my way out, I was on call with my surveyor when my eyes met Ayo's..."

"Ayo?" Tosin asked,

Tade asked, "Which Ayo?"

Kore gave him the stink eye and he defended himself, "I gotta ask man!"

Kore said, "I saw her just for a fleeting second and I had to rub my face to be sure only for me to not see her again. One minute she was standing there smiling at a guy! Another moment she was gone. Like gone!"

Tosin said, "Lagos is kinda small you know. Especially all this mainland areas. You can just run into anybody at anytime."

Tade agreed, "Yeah. Just take it easy man. You decided to leave her be so leave her be."

Tosin said, "Guy, you no say if na oyinbo them go don drag each other to court tey tey."

Tade asked, "On top wetin?"

Tosin replied, "Why you dey ask question like say you no dey educated na? As per custody of the child na."

Kore said, "I cannot do that to Ayo."

Tosin said, "All right."

Tade advised, "Guy, you gaz get yourself together because you guys might run into each other more times than this and you have to comport yourself."

Kore said sitting down, "Its so hard. God! I miss her like crazy!"

Tade said, "You need a hole to drill bro."

Kore said vehemently, "I am not gonna do that."

Tosin chipped in, "Oh! So, you are going to stay without sex till forever. Huh?"

Kore said, downing Tade's trophy drink, "Whatever. Let's talk about something else abeg."

"Okay o." Tosin said.

Kore said, "This guy should come and give us drinks jare."

Tade called, "Barman!"

Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ

"I can't believe you just dragged me outta ICM like that!" Wale exclaimed.

Ayo apologized, "Sorry na."

He said, "Oya, explain yourself. What happened? Why the mini drama?"

She said, shivering slightly, "I saw him."

He asked, "Him who?"

She said, "Kore!"

He said nodding, "Ooooh."

He asked, "So, why did we have to run still?"