35

Wale talked to Ayo on and off on Whatsapp before calling her on Wednesday. She was taking her lunch break when his call came through.

"Hello Bae."

"Hello yourself."

"What are you doing on Saturday afternoon?"

"I will be at home with Itunu."

"Let's all go to the movies na."

"Because?"

"I want to watch Mokaliki. You know the one with Simi the singer in it and I need company."

"I don't know, Wale."

"What don't you know?

"I don't know if I want to go out. I have been keeping a low profile."

"Aunty, you will die like this o and nobody will look for you. You know I will tell you the truth. I'm not gonna have you put your life and that of that boy on hold because you don't wanna move on! If you don't wanna move on then go back. It's that simple."

"Are you finished?"

"Not quite but that's enough for now."

"I am not going anywhere. Bye!" Ayo said and ended the call.

Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ

"Can you imagine?" Ayo asked Lara over video call later that evening.

"Ayo, s'ofe gbo?*"

"Yeah?"

"He is damn right."

"You too?"

"Yes! You've not moved on, you've just moved and you know there is always a reason for everything. Maybe the reason this Wale guy came into your life this time is to make you happy and take care of you."

"Hmmm."

"I am serious. So, it's better you take life one day at a time and enjoy this as it unfolds. Moreover, you need someone to eat your work and break your mouth."

"Get lost jare."

"I don't blame you, ooto oro ma n da bi iro ni*. Wo, I am volunteering this Saturday to keep my godson so you better go and enjoy that man's company."

"I've heard you."

"Gotta go girl. Talk to you tomorrow."

"All right."

Just as Lara ended the call, Wale's call came in. She contemplated on not picking his call but the second time it came in again, she grudgingly picked it,

"Ki la ri gbo?*"

"I am sorry."

"For what?"

"It's really not my business."

"Okay."

"Are we good?"

"Yeah. Yeah."

"Okay, so be ready by 1:00pm on Saturday with Itunu."

"Itunu will be with Lara."

"Oh. All right then, I will give out his ticket."

"Okay. Want to sleep."

"All right. Good night."

"'Night." She said and ended the call.

Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ