21

I fluttered my eyes open. I was in a white room that was really bright. As my eyes opened properly I was in a hospital room. I looked to my left and saw no one was there. I then felt a dip in the bed next to me on the right. I turned my head to see someone I never would have guessed. It was Regina.

"Emma? Are you ok" she asked as she leaned on the bed to see me.

"Regina? What are you doing here" I asked so confused it was her.

I saw on the chair next to her was Freddie who was asleep. He was wearing Regina's jacket meaning all her bruises were on show.

"When one of the detective came to tell the hotel you can't come back he saw Freddie. He came over and told me what happened so I rushed us down here" she explained as she now sat on the bed.

"You came all this way for me" I asked still a little shocked.

"Yeah of course. No one could get ahold of Lola so when she decides to come back she will" Regina says as she looked down.

"Do you know what happened? All I remember is being shot in the shoulder but I can feel pain in different places" I asked as I painfully tried sitting up.

"You don't remember? You were shot 3 times. Detective jones I think his name is told me that you were shot in the shoulder and the stomach but still stayed standing. You convinced the girl to take the bomb off and to be taken back to the mental place" Regina replied looking a little shocked I don't remember.

"I did? Whoa... but wait. You said 3 times. That was only 2"

"She dropped the gun and it shot you in the leg. You lost blood and fainted"

"Ow god. Well thanks for being here with me. I wouldn't have wanted to wake up alone" I say smiling softly up at her.

"I'm not that bad to let you wake up alone" she says returning the gesture.

"I'm sorry. I really am. I should have checked with you about the book but I didn't know how to find you" I say feeling ashamed of myself.

"It's ok I guess. My names not in it so I guess I just over reacted. I'm just glad your ok" she says as she placed her hand over mine.

I looked down at them and she quickly moved her hand. My gaze then lifted back to her who was looking down. The arm closet to her wasn't the one that was shot. I stretched across and grabbed her hand. She looked up at me and I smiled slightly at her.

"Did the doctor say if I was going to be able to leave tonight" I asked trying to sit up a little more in bed.

"She hasn't been here in awhile and hasn't said anything to me" Regina replied as she softly shook her head. I just looked up into her eyes and forgot all of my troubles in this world. I then heard a phone ringing. "Here it's yours. It's Lola" Regina says as she let go of my hand and passed me my phone.

I took it and answered the phone. Regina stood up from the bed and sat on the seat she previously was. I put the phone against my ear.

"Hello" I answered.

"Hey. What the fuck is going on? I got all these miss calls from you and other people" she asked straight away.

"It's fine. I am just in hospital because of a call out and something went wrong but it's ok now" I say with a slight sigh that she is phoning.

"Ow sorry I didn't answer. I was out for a walk and my phone was dead. Do you know when your coming home? Do you need me to come down" she asked as it sounds like she is still walking.

"Not sure they haven't told me and I don't need you to thanks. Regina brought Freddie here" I say really not wanting her here.

"Regina's there? Maybe I should come down" Lola says sounding as if she was worried.

"To be honestly I don't want you here. I'm still pissed so just stay at home and I'll text you if I'm coming home tonight" I replied before I quickly hung up. I put my phone back on the side a little annoyed at Lola. "I can't believe Lola didn't tell me she knew you. She asked me the morning after we had sex not to have sex with you because she knew what you look like and thought she couldn't compete. Now I know how she knew" I say looking down annoyed at the thought of Lola right now.

"Well she doesn't have to worry about me. Your going to marry her and maybe have another child. You'll be happy" Regina says with a fake smile.

I didn't know what to say. I just looked at her and saw all over her arms are her bruises. I couldn't believe how many there were and how big.

"Regina your arms. Why did you let him do that" I say looking a little shocked and a little upset at them.

"I didn't. He comes to my house every day and if I don't have sex with him then he beats me and forces me. When I have sex with him he beats me during and after" she replied looking like she was going to cry.

"I'm going to fix it. I need his name" I say looking worried at her.

"No. I need him now. If I don't then I'm screwed because I can't do this alone" she says looking down scared of something but I don't know what.

"What are you talking about? Regina you can't possibly need this man in your life. He beats you and rapes you and"

"And he got me pregnant" Regina quickly cuts in looking scared and with tears built in her eyes.

"He what" I asked shocked.

"Mummy your awake" a tired little Freddie says rubbing his eyes.