30

Today is the day. I'm stood in the mirror looking at myself. I'm in my suit ready for my wedding. Something just doesn't feel right. I didn't know what. Was it my hair? My tie not straight? My suit not fitting right? Something but I didn't know what. I picked up a bottle of hair spray and sprayed my hair. I used the brush to flatten any loose hairs down. It's in a high bun that was platted. I adjusted my tie up. I fixed my blazer a little but it didn't seem to do much. I look the same just feel like there is something wrong.

"Hey Mummy" Freddie says as he walked into my room.

"Hey sweetie. Look at you in your little suit" I say smiling down at my son.

I had dressed him but he wanted to do his hair and put his own shoes on. He walked over to me and I picked him up. I kissed his head softly and held him close.

"Are you ready Mummy" Freddie asked as he looked at me.

"I'm not sure to be honest. Freddie I need you to promise me something though" I say looking at him a little serious.

"What" he asked tilting his head in confusion.

"I'm not saying this will happen but if I say let's go you jump up and quickly leave with me" I say just pre warning him.

"Are we going to leave" he asked curiously at me.

"I don't think so but if we do we have to do it fast" I say quickly in hope he understood.

"Got it Mummy. When are we going to the wedding" he asked now smiling again.

"Umm... now. Let's go" I say looking at my watch.

I put Freddie down and held his hand. We walked out the room together and downstairs. I then heard my phone get a message. I pulled it out to put it on silent when I saw the message was from Regina. I quickly opened it to see.

Regina: Hey em. I just want to say good luck with the wedding and I hope you have a great day xxx

Emma: Hey Gina! Thank you. I just feel like something isn't right. It might just be my suit or hair or something like that lol xxx

Regina: I'm sure you look perfect em. Don't worry. She will love it xxx

Emma: thank you. What are you going to be doing today?

Regina: I'm taking Aubrey to my favourite coffee shop today for a few hours. I have to get my daughter to love it as well as me xxx

Emma: well it is a good place. Have fun with the little one xxx

Regina: I will thanks. Have fun getting married xxx

Emma: I have to go now. Bye Regina xxx

Regina: Bye Mrs Swan xxx

I read that message and my heart skipped a beat. Mrs? I'm going to be Mrs Swan. That's crazy. Am I ready? I hope so. I switched my phone onto silence. I held my sons hand and left the house. We got into the car and I drove down to the church. I didn't really want to get married in a church but Lola strongly wanted to so I said yes. We arrived but I didn't move.

"Mummy" Freddie asked looking across at me.

"Yes sweetie" I say looking round at him.

"We can do it" he says smiling brightly.

I'd tell him that all the time when he was worried. I smiled and started giggling at my son. He's the one I love most in this world. I leaned across and hugged my son tight.

"I love you Freddie" I say smiling softly and holding him close to me.

"I love you too mummy"

I pulled away and got out the car. I went around and got Freddie out. He was my best man. I held his hand and walked into the church. I went down the aisle and stood where I'm meant to. Freddie was holding my hand still but surprisingly he wasn't jumping around. I then heard music playing. The piano. I looked round to see Lola walking with her dad towards me. I started shaking a little. I don't think I can do this. Something feels wrong. Lola arrived at me and hugged her dad quickly. She then stood opposite me.

"Tie" she whispered with a slight chuckle.

"Sorry" I say fixing it.

That must be what was wrong. I took a deep breath and looked at the person marrying us.

"We are gathered here today to witness the marriage of Emma Swan and Lola Marie Rose. If anyone has any objections to these two being married I'd like them to speak now or forever hold your piece" the guy says looking upon everyone.

I looked to the door. I was hoping this would be like a fairy tale moment when Regina bursts in and shouts that she objects. But fairytales don't happen in real life. Regina wasn't there. I looked back at Lola who looked at the guy marrying us.

"Do you Lola Marie Rose take Emma Swan to be your lawfully wedded wife? In sickness and in health. For better or for worse. Till death do you part" he asked looking at Lola.

"I do" she says smiling across at me.

"And do you Emma swan take Lola Marie Rose to be your lawfully wedded wife? In sickness and in health. For better or for worse. Till death do you part" he asked now looking across at me.

"I... I..." I start but I can't say it. I looked to the door one last time to see if Regina was going to give me the fairy tale ending I want. Those doors stayed close. I look back at Lola looking confused. In my mind was images of Regina. Her beautiful smile. I knew what I had to do. "I... I don't. I'm sorry" I say looking shocked I just said that.

"What" Lola asked looking more shocked than me.

"I gotta go. Freddie lets go" I say holding my hand out.

He ran over and I picked him up quickly. I ran out of the church knowing I couldn't do that. I got Freddie into the car before I got into the drivers seat.

"Mummy where are we going" Freddie asked smiling at me.

"We are going to find Regina. Why are you smiling" I asked smiling myself.

"Because I don't want Lola as my new mummy. We get to see Regina" he excitedly says with a bright smile.

"Yes. Let's go" I say starting the engine.

I drove down to the place I knew Regina would be. The coffee shop. I got out and got Freddie out. We walked to the door but I stopped. I saw her sat in the booth. She wasn't alone. A girl was with her. They were laughing and smiling at each other. The girl was holding Aubrey. I thought it might be a friend. I was about to go confess I love her. I love her more than anything. I put my hand on the handle. I then saw Regina kiss the girl softly. It didn't look like a first kiss. It was a couple kiss.

"Are we going in Mummy" Freddie asked looking up at me confused.

"No. She's busy. Come on we're going somewhere" I say as I walked back to the car.

I got us in and started driving. I headed for the airport. I was offered a job in Florida but turned it down for the wedding.

"Where are we going Mummy" Freddie asked looking out the window.

"Mummy was offered a big job in Florida. We're going to move there" I say smiling slightly at him.

"What about Regina" he quickly asked.

"I promise you'll see her again one day. For now it will be just me and you again" I say looking across at him with a smile.

"I like it being just you and me" Freddie says smiling more now.

"Yeah kid. I like it too" I say as I looked at the sunset in the distance and drove towards it.

To be continued...