Chapter One

A convention hosted in Vegas is a tad out of the ordinary. As far back as Jack remembers, he hasnt been invited to any conventions here. However, when the Mixed Media Art convention annouced its opening dates, Jack found himself intrigued. The site said it welcomed film makers, artists, authors, play writes, and youtubers alike. When Jack expressed interest in attending, they reached out and asked him if he was willing to host a panel of his own a few times throughout the week.

Thrilled, Jack began to plan and pack his bags. Now here he is, stepping out of the Uber and grabbing his bags from the back, standing in front of the hotel. It's a tall building, brightly and boldly announcing its presence. Here he'd be spending the next week, signing autographs for fans and exploring a very unique convention.

He's here quite late, he'll admit it. Typically he arrives a day or two early to set up his booth and scope out the basic scheduals and the like. Yet, at 10 pm the day before it all starts, he hesitates a moment before going inside. He's estatic and excited of course. He gets to see people he hadnt seen in months, some even more than a year. But ever since he began planning on coming, he's been growing increasingly nervous... Not because of the panels he'll be hosting, more so because of-

"Hey! Jack!" His thoughts are interrupted by a deep baritone voice. Tugging his eyes away from the top of the building, they find Mark approaching with a friendly smile, carrying two handfulls of luggage.

Him.

"Hey, Mark." Jack greets with an equally friendly smile before stepping forward to embrace his friend.

Despite the months of not seeing eachother in person, the two have been growing increasingly close as of late. Mark started texting Jack randomly, so Jack would spark conversations that seemed to never end.

The texts evolved into nightly facetiming and calls. Mark would ring one night, then Jack the next, and the two would spend hours laughing and talking about anything and everything.

He isnt sure why it became so easy to talk to Mark, but the two are very open with one another. Jack appreciates being able to vent to someone who understands the troubles he faces as a youtuber.

Though admittedly, Jack was a bit confused when all of this started. Mark never expressed much joy in talking on the phone, but he seems so much more willing to do so with Jack.

Jack examines his friend, taking in Mark's blue flannel and dark blue jeans. When he finds Mark clasping the baggage, he lifts an eyebrow.

"Did you just get here?" Jack questions, guesturing at the bags Mark carries. Mark lived in LA. There's no real reason he's arrived at the last minute.

Mark blushes slightly, tugging one of the bags onto his shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm runnin' a tad late... Had a bit of an issue with Brit." He comments confidently past a fake looking smile.

"Ah man... again?" Jack questions.

Therein lies the other reason he and Mark converse so often. It seems Mark and his girlfriend Brittany cant get along for anything anymore. What with her clinginess and Mark's need for space the two never seem to be on the same page. Mark calls often just to distract himself from the pointless shit Brittany tries to wage war over.

Jack is sure Mark feels guilty for it, but every time Mark calls, desperate to speak to someone other than her, he drops everything for his friend. Jack is more than willing to dedicate a moment to let Mark talk about what's bothering him. He deserves to have someone listen to his problems.

"Yeah, I'll tell you about it some other time. We should go get checked in." Mark tries to brush away the conversation, but his smile twitches. He's clearly still bothered by whatever happened. He slaps Jack's shoulder and strides into the building without another word.