Chapter Nine

Somehow, without the aid of an alarm clock, Jack rolls out of bed just in time to get ready for the day. His eyes fall over Mark first of all. He's comfortably splayed out across his mattress, a pillow tucked under his chest and stomach as if clutching a stuffed animal, leaving his head unsupported. Reguardless, he seems comfortable.

It takes Jack a moment to realise he's grinning wildly, and a bit of force to wipe it away. Sleepy Mark is the epitome of adorable. He looks like a big, dopey bear. Taking a breath, Jack reaches down and gently shakes Mark's shoulder.

He's never been one to spring to life in the morning, so Mark's eyelids flutter a few times before fully opening. A smile inevitably tugs across Jack's face again, those bright brown eyes bearing questions the moment they open.

"Wake up, Princess." Jack teases, sending a wink down at Mark. He huffs in response, but ultimately peels himself away from the mattress with a large yawn.

"I'll have you know I'm the queen of these parts." He jokes in return, despite the exhaustion coating his words. Jack chuckles and pretends to kurtsie.

"Forgive me your majesty. Get the hell up." He says with a devilish grin as Mark sends him a warning look.

"Dick." Mark comments past a smile that Jack returns easily.

"How do you get 'dick' from Jack?" Jack suddenly asks. Mark raises an eyebrow curiously, opening and closing his mouth for a response.

"I dont know? Cause you are one?" He finally responds, his sleepy brain still foggy.

"You ask nicely." Jack explains, a playful grin on his lips as he shoots another wink at Mark.

Mark blinks at his friend, a mix of shock and humor. Surely thats not how the joke goes. Doesnt it have something to do with Richard?

Anyhow, he's too sleepy to put any of the peices together right now. Clearly it was just a joke, but perhaps it would have gone down better had Mark played along better.

Thats how Jack set his plan into motion, and he's feeling a mixture of pride and nerves. So far, so good. He's certain Mark watches him cross the room in his boxers to grab clothes for a shower. Now he feels victorious at least.

In the shower, he uses his great smelling soap, and he's sure to wear his cologne for the day too. People are attracted to others when they smell good, so hopefully it will work on Mark.

Button down shirts arent something Jack often sports, but Mark seems to like flannels. So Jack packed the only one he has, which is black and grey. He pairs those with a pair of black jeans and combs through his damp hair. He gives himself an encouraging nod in the mirror before stepping back into the room.

Mark had been searching his bag for clothes, coffee in hand when Jack steps out from the bathroom. His eyes instantly fall across his friends in stunned silence. Wow, he looks good. Mark swallows, simotaneously closing his mouth which apparently hung open.

While Jack grabs a cup of coffee for himself, Mark sighs to himself. He's already running low on shirts. He really wishes he'd have taken more time to pack before he left. Too bad he didnt have much choice.

"You alright?" Jack asks, stepping up beside his friend curiously. He still wasnt fully dressed and keeps digging around in his half empty bag.

"You got a shirt I could burrow?" Mark says, looking upward from his knealed position at his bag. Jack lifts both of his brows, but nods easily.

"Sure thing," He says, "Have at it." He says, offering Mark to take a look for himself. Luckily he packed the condoms in a seperate pocket, so theres little chance of Mark finding them. Thankfully he wont be embarressed unless Mark explores further.