Chapter Twenty Two

Annoying and insistant beeping wakes Jack; the sound of an alarm he set days ago, before the convention even started. A reminder to wake up and get ready for his flight home. He grits his teeth, reaching over Mark to snooze the alarm, promising himself a few minutes to relish everything he has, before retreating back around Mark.

Closing his eyes, he places his forehead between Mark's shoulderblades. From here he can hear Mark's heart peacefully humming in his chest. If Jack didnt know any better, he'd deem it a lullabye, because his body already threatens to fall victim to sleep again. He bites the inside of his cheek, and forces himself to open his eyes.

Still so many unanswered questions. He hasnt gotten to talk to Mark about things and isnt sure there will be enough time to do so. He's already begun to rethink everything, wondering if Mark will hate him now that the tension is broken. Can things ever go back to normal if Mark doesnt want this? Jack's arms reluctantly pull Mark closer. He doesnt want to lose this, nor does he want to believe Mark will push him away for it.

Instead, he wonders if Mark will miss him as much as he'll miss Mark. What does this make of the two of them? What's in store for the near future? Will they ever tell the fans? How will they react? Will they tell their fanilies? How will they react?

Damn, there he goes again, thinking about all the awful things. Why cant he just hang onto the joy in this one moment instead of considering all the negatives? Thats all he wants, just one minute to enjoy as it comes.

Trying to force the memories into his mind, he dares himself to let his hand run gently across Mark's figure. When Mark doesnt stir, Jack continues, innocently watching his hand explore the bareness of Mark's skin, hoping he can remember it all.

God only knows when hell be able to do this again. Six months, a year? Will things change between then and now? What if Mark gets another girlfriend? Gritting his teeth he forces the thoughts back once more. This is why he can never have anything good. He questions, over examines, and worries himself sick.

But whenever he does it around Mark, he manages to melt away all of Jack's panic. Its like Mark is a human anxiety medication, and theres no word that can describe how grateful Jack is for it.

Jack smirks to himself, watching Mark sleepily press himself closer to Jack's figure. Jack responds by pressing his lips against the nape of Mark's neck.

Just as he's scheming ways to make this last, he's crushed by the sounds of the alarm going off again, this time louder, stirring Mark a bit beside him. Sighing, he silences the alarm for good, his blue eyes stinging as they glide over Mark. Times up...

Jack fights the lump in his throat when he slides carefully from the bed. He doesnt allow himself to spin back and look over Mark again, sure he'd grow weak and find himself back in the bed.

His body aches slightly as a reminder of last night. Its a pleasant ache, he assures himself as he gathers some fresh clothes from his bag. Though, he's sure a shower will wash away some of it. He crosses the room with his clothes in hand and steps into the bathroom.

He thouroughly avoids his own eyes in the mirror, knowing all too well what he'd find in them. Starting the water, he steps into the shower and lets the steaming water melt the tensing in his shoudlers. It stings at first, but after a moment, it subsides.

In his head, he's already searching for openings in his schedual for next time. When he gets home, he'll have to get right back to recording videos. He can double down, recording twice as much as normal to have videos saved up for his next trip. But next month his family is coming by to hang out for a few weeks, he cant miss that. So, if he keeps saving up videos, he might be able to be back month after next!