Chapter Fifteen

It seems Jack is getting a suspicious amount of sleep when his morning brain finally starts to function. Despite the dull pain ringing through his skull, Jack could feel something else... off. He's comfortable, warm, well rested. That never happens after a night of drinking like last night.

Forcing his eyes open, he glances around but quickly takes in the scene. He swallows but cant dim the smile that crawls across his features. His heart does a dance in his chest as he finds Mark at his side, still curled around Jack's smaller figure. Jack resists the urge to squeak out an excited giggle.

Instead, he carefully nestles in closer to Mark. Jack tries to let memories flood back but pieces are missing. He recalls driving back to the hotel, and leaning against Mark. He remembers their embrace at the door. He thinks Mark undressed him. He doesnt remember undressing Mark in return, but if he did do it, he did an awful job. Marks jeans still hang on around one ankle. He doesnt remember climbing in beside Mark or Mark climbing in beside him, but he remembers Mark holding tighter onto him. Though, he seems to recall being on top of Mark's chest with Mark on his back, not both on thier sides wrapped around one another. He doesnt mind, he feels safe and content here. With the thought, another memory springs to light: waking up to Mark being on the phone with Brit. He shrinks into himself with guilt, he wasnt exactly collected at that moment. He hardly remembers what he said when he took the phone. hopefully it wasnt too horrific.

When Mark begins to shuffle sleepishly, Jack' body starts to nervously tremble. What will Mark think of this? Will he remember last night? Will he be OK with all of it? Jack suddenly has the urge to pull away discretely, but despite his attempts, Mark tugs him closer and mumbles incoherently, his lips gazing Jacks forehead. Jack swallows again, his throat becoming more and more dry the harder his heart judders his ribcage. He squeezes his eyes shut and prepares himself for the worst, simitanteously absorbing the feelings of the moment as if it will be the very last. Finally, upon opening his eyes, be gently nudges Mark.

"M-mark.." He studders nervously. Mark wont hate him for this right? It was the alcohol, right? They'll laugh it off together? No one will be angry? Mark's eyes peel open like they were taped shut and he hisses slightly, reclosing his eyes and groaning softly.

"Too bright." He mutters, not releasing Jack still.

"We should get up..." Jack whispers carefully, still trying to shuffle away to maintain his innocence. Mark sucks in a breath before squinting and twisting back to read the alarm clock on the bedside table.

"We got time." Mark grogily responds, dragging Jack back across the mattress and crawling ontop of his chest to keep him in place. Jack is stunned, he hadnt even considered this a possibility Jack sucks in a heavy breath and glances at the clock himself. He isnt surprised to find that they dont have much time before the convention starts.

"But-" Jack starts, but Mark whines sleepily.

"Five minuns.." He mumbles, his words lazy. Jack bites his lips, not wanting to be late. But glancing back down at Mark, who is now wrapped around him, he'd rather be pryed from this bed when hes cold and dead.

"OK... Five more minutes..." Jack promises, wrapping his arms around Mark's middle, causing Mark to hum contently. Admittedly Jack is surprised Mark didnt leap away from him or push him away, but so greatful for the reassurance that things are OK. Cause friends can do this, right? Girls do it, surely. So why cant he and Mark? Who says this has to be sexual just because Jack has a few urges? He can ignore those for now, just so long as he gets to keep whatever this is.

Mark honestly still hasnt gone through the pieces that lead up to this, but he sure as hell isnt about to give up the comfort that it brings. His sleepy brain just knows that its Jack that he's so desperate to cuddle. But he kept pulling away... Maybe Mark should have respected Jack's wishes to be released, but Mark still isnt ready to let go. It feels way too right. Surely five more minutes wont kill him.