Chapter Seven

After an easy lunch and collective chatting, they pack into Vi's van, to-go boxes in hand. Jack is sure this will make a spectacular dinner later tonight as well. Mark felt the knot in his gut untie shortly into the meal, and he ate more than he thought he would, so he's greatful for that.

The last few hours of the convention go by quickly. There were plenty of fans and such, more showing up now that news is out that 'big league' youtubers are here. Jack and Mark made the mutual descision to release the news of their presence at the convention at the last minute. The last thing they wanted was this Art convention overwhelmed with hopelessly emotional and desperate fangirls.

Leaning back into his seat with a tired sigh, Jack remembers his plans to help Vi with animating and shifts uncomfortably. He wants so badly to strip down and pig out on the last of his lunch.

At least Vi gave him permission to invite Mark. Mark will keep his battery charged until he gets back to his nice warm bed. He shoots a text her way and she gives him her room number, and a plan to meet in a few minutes.

With that, he strolls up to Mark's booth, and finds Mark knealed beside a box of shirts with his back turned to Jack. Jack glances around and picks up a balled up peice of paper from the ground and tosses it at Mark's shoulder. Mark turns around questioningly, but ultimately beams up at Jack.

"Oh, hey. Forget your room key?" Mark questions, brushing his hands off needlessly as he stands from beside the box.

"Wanna go on an adventure?" Jack questions with a mysterious smile, ignoring his question. Mark looks confused.

"Uhhh?"

"Of course you do. Come on." Jack answers his own question and guestures for Mark to follow him.

"Hold up, what are we doing?" Mark asks, stumbling a bit as he hurries to follow Jack. Jack twists his neck to respond.

"Goin to see Vi."

Mark stops in his tracks. Why does Jack want him there? Mark would suspect he would want some alone time with Vi... He should be leaping at the opprotunity to go along with Jack and act as a bit of a cock-block, but he cant help but feel guilty. Jack stops as well when he realises Mark hadnt fallen into step with him.

"Whats up?" He asks, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"I dont want to intrude on you guys." Mark admits, a blush on his cheeks. Jack chuckles.

"And what would you be intruding on?" He asks, trying to erase the uncomfortable look Mark has on his face. After a moment of attempted silent communicaion with his eyes, Mark looks away shamefully. With that, Jack's confusion melts away as the peices click.

He begins to laugh, "I'm not making moves on Vi." He assures a silently jealous and embarressed Mark, who pinches his eybrows together.

"You arent crushing on her?" Mark wonders aloud. She's Jack's type to a T: Colorful, bouncy, loud, cutesy, laid back. Admittedly though, Mark cant ignore Jack's attraction toward asians, its the one thing she lacks.

Jack shakes his head back and forth confidently in response.

"Not at all?" Mark confirms further. Jack chews on his lip as he scuffs his shoe across the ground.

"She's attractive, I wont lie. But I'm not aiming for her that way." Jack explains earnestly, earning relief from Mark, who smiles and nods tersly as he steps beside his friend.

"Why, you interested in her?" Jack asks now as the two make their way to her room. Mark shakes his head vehmently.

"Same deal as you, plus, I mean..." he hesitates a moment to even say her name, "Ya know, Brittany." He says, his eyes falling to the ground.  They stop and wait for the elevator for moment, allowing Jack to give Mark a sideways look.