Chapter Twelve

The convention is shutting down when they stride inside. Luckily they werent exactly epecting to catch the tail ends of it anyway. First, they drop off Mark's stuff at the hotel room, then head down to check on their booths before heading out for dinner. Both are expecting some merch missing at the least, but nothing seems disturbed when they make it down stairs. Jack places his new bag in a box by his booth to remember to wear it tomorrow. Its too cute not to show off.

Mark stops by his booth too, but also sees nothing out of the ordinary as he scopes about the tiny space.

"Next time I'm babysitting your stuff, can I get a heads up?" A voice emerges from behind Mark as he stoops over a box.

Glancing back, Mark catches sight of Vibrance sitting cross legged on his table. Her arms are crossed over her chest and her eyebrow raised. How had he missed the sounds of her climbing up there? He chooses not to question it, instead he chuckles.

"No one asked you to babysit." He replies, twisting fully to face her. Her expression softens with a smile.

"I'll keep that in mind for next time." She snarkily responds, causing Mark to smirk.

"Maybe next time I'll actually ask." Mark quips. Vi narrows her eyes.

"I'll tell you to go chew shoe gum." She responds matter of factly as she hops down from her perch. Mark rolls his eyes, knowing all too well that Vi would most likely say those exact words, but only before doing the favor he asks.

"Sure you will." He sarcastically responds.

"I will. After all, we cant have you kidnapping Jack away every convention, now can we?" She says, tipping her head in the direction of Jack's booth just as he shimmies out from behind his booth.

"Kiddnapping refers to unwilling participants." Jack pipes up, having heard his name in the conversation, grinning at the sharp look in Vi's eye. She feigns an eyeroll.

"Not that I want to award bad behavior, but I promised Danny and Arin the use of my van to go out for drinks. It seems a bit of a waste for only the three of us." She subtly hints, her eyes bouncing between the two with question.

The guys share a look, and casual shrug. Why not? They had a great day already, alcohol may spice things up. Jack is curious to see how they'll behave around one another while intoxicated. Mark doesnt much feel up for geting wasted, but perhaps the alcohol will steel his nerves a bit more.

"Sure, why not." Jack answers, never removing his eyes from Mark, who nods and swallows a bit nervously.

"Yeah, sounds great." Mark agrees, finally breaking eye contact to send a confirming look to Vi. She claps her hands together with finality.

"Solid!" She confirms, twisting to look around her but lets out the barest of a sigh. "Now to go find Danny and Arin again." She says, as if she hadnt planned on losing track of them.

"Where the hell did you find them!? I havent seen 'em all day and you just pull them outta thin air!" Arin hollers as the three finally find him and Danny waiting by the doors. Jack and Mark discretely grin at eachother.

"I'm made of magic." Vi casually explains Arin's amazement away as she hands Danny her keys. Spinning back to the group, she seems to take a mental roll call.

"Alright snakes, lets rattle!" She says, leading the crew outside to her van.

Danny climbs into the driver seat with Arin in the passenger seat while the other three file into the back. Vi straps herself into the back seat behind Danny. Jack and Mark do the same in the very back, leaving an open space beside Vi. Glancing to her side then behind her at the boys, she giggles.