Chapter Seven (Unedited)

The next morning.

She woke up early deciding to find a job. She needs money to survive, people used to mock her because she's jobless and it didn't bother her as she was already occupied spying at her husband every single day. She used to swallow everything but not anymore. Life has given her another chance thus this time she will live to the fullest. She energetically hums while getting ready. She then enthusiastically opened her wardrobe only to find old fashion clothes hanging on it. 

She sighed.

She was told that the scumbag liked conservative woman thus she bought a lot of old fashion clothes that almost cover everything. She believed it until she saw him making out with his childhood friend who happens to be the finance manager of his company. 

Charlene is a very stunning woman. She always carried herself with grace and elegance. After that scene she started to have inferiority complex leading to he paranoia and madness. She shook her head. She doesn't care anymore. She took out a red polo-type dress and grab a pair of scissor. She cut the hem of the dress until it was short enough to reach above her knees. She paired it with a white high-heeled shoes and pearl earrings. She checked herself in the mirror.

"Hmm... something's lacking here ..." she looked around and saw a pair of white ribbons. "Gotcha!" She tied it around her waist. "Good.. very good."

She's almost ready when she remembered that she don't have any money, not even a single cent. 

"Bad... very bad!" 

She made his way to the kitchen to find her husband on his usual seat sipping his coffee and reading the morning newspaper. She walk in front of him. 

"Something wrong?" he asked not bothering to look at her. 

"Lend me ten dollars" 

He lifted his brows. He put the newspaper down and look up to his wife. She was wearing alight make up which is unusual as she loves putting heavy make up and she's wearing a very short dress that shows her long flawless pair of legs. There's no denying it, Sophie is indeed a very beautiful women. With her palm-size face, round watery eyes, small upturned nose and small red lips, even without any make up she still stand out. The only reason she can't attract him is because of her audacious attitude and inelegant manners. 

He can't point it out but there's something unusual about his wife ever since she woke up from coma. 

"For what?"

"Fare."

"And you're going...?"

"To find a job."

He knitted his brow. Isn't she's busy enough in spying on me?  And why the heck does she need a job? This doesn't feel right at all. 

"No!" he dismissed. 

"Are you serious?" she said in an incredulous tone.

"You don't need a job"

"I do."

"Are the maids starving you?" he asked in an angry tone that made everyone shake in fright. 

She rolled her eyes. "They don't. I just want a job. That's all"

"Then work at Sky."

"No!"

He immediately raised his brow "Why?"

"Should I state something obvious? Do you really want me to work with the person who killed my child?" 

"She's from another department you can work as my secretary."

"No!"

"Why?"

"Because you also  killed my child."

He did not respond and silence lingered at the entire dining area, even the servants are afraid to make any sounds. She hit him hard. The truth is, he wanted to keep the child, whether she believes it or not, he really do. He even broke up with Charlene to start a new life with her and their child. He just didn't expect that the woman whom he trusted ever since would betray him and killed his child. He did not want him to die but he can't blame Charlene as well. It was his selfishness that drove her to the edge.

"If you can't lend  it to me, I'll just ask Nanny Lynne then. Stingy old man!" He grabbed her right arm, opened his wallet and hand over a hundred dollar. 

She snatched it from him and walk away.