Chapter 12: Chapter Twelve

Sophie bear the pain from the burn her whole shift and kept it from Tina. She already made a scene on her first day because of the evil woman so she don't want them to send her to the hospital because of a simple burn. She slowly took off her pants. She stared at her legs that was red from the burns and pat it lightly.

"You did well." she praised.

"Even if you praised it like that, the burn marks won't go away."

She snapped her head towards the direction of the voice and saw a tall man leaning sideways at the doorjamb with his arms crossed.

"None of your business." she retorted.

The man slowly made his way towards her and crouch in front of her who is now currently sitting at the tub. He gabbed her foot and placed it on his knee. He took out a small container and opened it. He scooped a small amount of gel and gently rubbed it on the red marks. It felt cool on the skin.

"What are you doing?"

"Tending."

"I know. Why are you doing this?"

"Neil said you were scalded."

Ah, so it's Neil.

"You can just leave the gel, I'll do it myself."

He did not respond and just continue his "tending"

"I said -"

"Stop wiggling! Or i'll be tempted to do something else." he warned.

She suddenly remembered that she's only wearing a pair of panties. Heat started flowing in her vein and in a just a second her face is scorching hot.

"Are you not finished yet?"

"Almost."

His tanned long fingers moving in a circling motion against her snow white leg is hypnotizing. It felt nice actually, she shook her head. Now is not the time to think like this.

"Grandpa will be visiting tomorrow."

"I see. I'll prepare the dishes he likes."

"How about the dishes I like?" he asked.

"Ask Miss Johnson to prepare it for you." she got up, grabbed a towel then covered herself.

"She's not my wife."

"Once you give up this villa, she'll be your wife soon."

"I'm not giving up this villa yet so you're still my wife."

She glared at him. She was about to walk out of the bathroom when he extend his arms across the door trapping her inside.

"How about that steak, honey?" he said mimicking her words when Charlene called yesterday.

"If you go shopping with me." she retorted. His face stiffened. What Josh hates the most is going to the grocery with a woman. He accompanied his mom once and it took them three hours to finish shopping, he was utterly tired.

"Can I bring Leon?"

"Nope," she shook her head.

"Will it take us three hours?"

"Depends."

He sighed.

"Fine.,"

She saw the helplessness in his face and she finds it really amusing. His usual cold face that can make a person pee on their pants looks really adorable. Five years in marriage and this is the first time she saw this kind of face from him. Jealousy. She felt a pang of jealousy towards Charlene. Unlike her, she can see all kinds of emotion from his face. She unconsciously extended her arms and touched his face.

"I'm .. I'm jealous."

He knitted his brows.

"Of Charlene." she said softly.

She brushed his arms and walked out of the bathroom.

"Pick me up at four."

Josh stared at the door where she entered. Guilt. That's what he's feeling right now. He ignored her for five years but she always have a bright smile to give whenever he's home. She cooked dinner and waited for him until the dishes were cold. She always fell asleep on the sofa waiting for him to come home safely. She packed him warm clothes during winter and iron his suit all by herself.

He regretted it. He wanted to do something for her.