Chapter 11: Chapter Eleven (Unedited)

This evil woman!

She bent to pick up the broken glasses and slowly put the shards on the tray, then her elbow "accidentally" hit the table's leg causing it to slipped and fell towards Renee.

"Ahhh... " the woman screamed.

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" Sophie said imitating Renee's tone from earlier.

"Is this how your cafe treat customers?" she yelled.

Tina hurried over and apologized to the woman. She also slightly pinched Sophie's waist. The woman vented for a whole three minutes non-stop and walked out of the cafe angrily.

The students sitting at table three giggled.

But amidst of the commotion, there was a man sitting at the corner of the cafe watching the whole scene while sipping his coffee. He glanced at the woman's hands which are lightly caressing her thighs.

Of course it'll hurt. It was after all a hot coffee.

At the Sky Empire Building

"Guess what!!" a man in a blue suit said in a very excited tone just like a kid finding the most interesting tone at the mall. "I just - Oh!" he wasn't able to continue his sentence as he saw his brother talking to his mistress.

Yes his mistress. It's true that he was not fond of his sister-in-law but it doesn't mean that he likes his brother's other woman. Sophie is timid and a fool and super obsess with his brother but she is a good woman. She always check up on him, helped him with home works, and sneakily put packed lunch on his bag even though he said he hates it. Whereas Charlene, she just love his brother or his money, she doesn't care about anything else. And she's having an affair with a married man whatever the circumstances is. He sighed.

"Hi Kyle,"

"Hi," he smiled at Charlene hiding his dislike. "I can just comeback if you're busy" he turned and was about to go out when a man wearing red shirt and faded pants burst into the room and run towards his brother pushing Charlene to the side.

"I saw sister-in-law" it was their second brother, Neil. Unlike Kyle and Josh who are cold and aloof, Neil is very lively and energetic, the kind of person who you'd want to hang out with all the time. He loves going on adventures and rarely comes home. He also doesn't like Charlene but unlike Kyle, he shows it openly.

"Hi Neil," Charlene greeted trying to hide her annoyance.

Neil only glance at her. He turned his head back to his brother, "sister-in-law is super cool!!!" he said excitedly.

"You came back after three moths just for that?"

Neil pouted and put his hands on his side pockets. He walked towards the floor to ceiling window and gazed towards the other buildings standing below Sky Empire.

"You're sitting at the top of the tallest building in County A flirting with a beautiful woman while your wife is working at a cafe with scalded thigh. You're living rather well, brother."

Kyle can hear sympathy in Neil's voice. He's the closest to Sophie that's why it's not a surprise at all. When he was hospitalized, Sophie was the only one who's with him. She did not left his side and patiently took care of him. She did not lose her patience and stayed with him through all those therapy sessions that enable him to walk again. She was with him when he was at his weakest and shared his happiness when he took his first step.

"I don't care if want to divorce her, just tell your girlfriend to tell her friend to stay away from Sophie."

Josh did not respond. He was looking directly at his second brother's eyes. The office was suddenly enveloped with a deafening silence, even Charlene was afraid to breathe loudly. She had never seen Neil like this. He was daringly challenging his brother.

"I don't want you to tell me what to do with my wife."

"If so, then make sure you know who your wife is first." he said then glared at Charlene.

She flinched, chills suddenly run through her spine. They said Neil is the happy-go-lucky among the three but what people should know is that the same blood still runs through his veins.

"By the way bro," he said seriously then extend his hand palms up "I need allowance."

"After saying all those things ... " Josh said.

"Why?" he pouted. "It's your fault! Her pretty legs must have had red marks by now because of the scalding. Hmp!"

"Work with Kyle for the acquisition of Fonde Corporation."

"What?!!"

"You want allowance? You work for it. Even your sister-in-law is working."

"Which is unnecessary because her husband can provide her with everything."

"Kyle, grab this brother of yours. I want the proposal within a week. If not, I'll send both of you to Georgia."

"Yes sir!" the two said at the same time then hurriedly walk out of the room.

"Go home, Charlie. Let's talk some other time." he said.

"Josh, -"

"Please, I'm already dealing with a lot of things. Go home. We'll talk later."

"Fine." she stomped angrily out of his office.

He grabbed his phone and dialed a number.

"Bring me a burn gel."