Chapter Eight (Unedited)

"Hah!" she exhaled.

Sophie wiped the invisible sweat in her forehead. She didn't know that finding a job is a difficult job itself. She had been a spoiled princess since she was a child thus she didn't know the rality of life outside their house is.

"Should I go home then?" she told herself feeling a bit down. She can feel her stomach grumbling from hunger. She rubbed her belly lightly, "Just a little bit."

She was about to hail a cab when she noticed a WANTED poster at a small coffee shop and a bright idea pops up at her head.

"It's about time." She made her way to the coffee shop. When she opened the door the aroma of coffee being brewed slowly attack her nostril. She loves coffee, she once dreamt of building the biggest coffee shop in the world. She plans to have at least three branches in every country and innovate many different types of coffee mixes. 

What happened in her dream? Well, Josh happened.

"Good morning, welcome to City Blends." the girl at the counter greeted her with a bright smile.

"Hi, I saw your wanted ad"

"Oh! Sir David" she called someone at the back.

"Ei!" a guy wearing a white shirt with a pink apron came out from the kitchen.

"She wants the job!"

"Really?" he asked and Sophie nods as a response. "Well," he untied his apron and placed it on a small table "come." he said. 

He led me to a small corner of the shop and asked for my resume. He took his time reading it.

"Hm," he said whiled rubbing his chin "you did not finish college?"

"I got married."

His brows raised as if he did not believe her. "I see. Well, Tina the girl at the front will be leaving by next week so I really need someone who can replace her. Since you have enough background in coffee I guess we'll give it a try."

She smiled brightly which made the heart of the guy in front of her flutter a bit.

"When can I start?" she asked enthusiastically

"You can start tomorrow, so that Tina can give you the round about of the business."

"Roger." she answered, mimicking a soldier to it's commander

"Then I guess, we'll see each other tomorrow then," he said while offering his hand.

She gladly took it and shook it rather excitedly which made the man chuckled.

At home

She sneakily went to the kitchen to find Nanny Lynne who is currently busy making dinner. She hugged her from behind which made the old woman squealed a little. 

She cackled. "Guess what?"

"What?"

"I finally found a job!" she stated excitedly.

"Miss, are you serious in doing this thing?" the old woman asked seriously. 

She simply nodded. She knew that Nanny Lynne is worried. It's a given thing, she has been taking caring of her since she was a kid and she knew more than anyone else what Sophie can do and cannot do.

"Nanny Lynne," she said with a sigh "I was once madly in love and momentarily forgot that I also have a life to live. The accident made me realize that I was so stupid to fall in love with that scumbag and completely forget about myself. Now that I got another chance to live, even if I have to struggle I will live to the fullest." she said with a determined tone. 

The old woman raised her hand and patted her head lightly as if encouraging her to be strong. "Then live the life you want." she said in a smile. 

She was touched, really touched it was a moment where you'll feel warmth in your heart but suddenly her stomaching made a growling sound.

She's hungry. 

"But don't forget to eat as well." the old woman reminded while chuckling.

"Roger that."