19

19
Island Love

Kakatapos lang maligo ni Claudia at ngayon ay nagpapatuyo na ito ng buhok.

"When you're done let's go eat downstairs. I asked them to cook something for us." Sabi ni Inigo habang nakaupo ito sa kama at pinagmamasdan ang dalaga na nagpapatuyo ng buhok nito.

Nang natapos itong magpatuyo ng buhok ay mas lumabas ang natural na pagkakakulot ng buhok ni Claudia. Her hair was too curly for her liking. Kaya madalas ay pinapaayos nya ito upang sa dulo lang maging kulot.

"I like your hair like that." Pagbati ni Inigo. Her hair has this smaller curls compared to her daily hairstyle. She likes to straighten her hair a bit. A hint of beach waived.

"Really? Doesn't it look awful?" Tanong ni Claudia habang nakatingin sa salamin at inaayos ang pagkakulot nito.

Kaya agad na lumapit si Inigo at niyakap sya mula sa likuran.

"No. You're beautiful. So let's go. I'm fucking hungry."

Inirapan sya ni Claudia at inayos ang puting tube floral dress.

Nang matapos sya ay agad silang naglakad palabas ng kwarto.

"Where are we going later?" Excited na tanong ni Claudia.

"I'm thinking of going in the market. There are tourist spots there."

Tumango na lamang si Claudia. Nagugutom na rin sya kaya naman hindi na rin sya kumibo.

Nang makapasok sila sa loob ng dining area ay halos malaglag ang panga ni Claudia.

The dinning area looks so old yet modernized. It has big rectangular wooden table, that matches the house big time.

The foods are already served. Sila na lamang ang hinihintay.

"Ohhh! They prepared Filipino foods." Nakangiting sabi ni Iñigo. "let's eat."sabi ni Iñigo nang makaupo na sila pareho.

Inigo served her rice. "Which one do you like?" Tanong ni Iñigo

"I'll do it. I know you're hungry." Nakangiting sabi ni Claudia.

"so fucking hungry" kumuha na rin sya ng pagkain nya at nagsimula na silang kumain.

"Omygosh! The food is amazing!" Claudia exclaimed after tasting the dishes.

"I know right."

Tila ba hindi na alintana kung magkasama ba sila dahil pareho silang hindi kumikibo at patuloy lang sa pagkain.

"Bring some extra clothes later. I planned to go somewhere near the Alps." Sabi ni Iñigo kaya naman natigilan saglit si Claudia at tumingin kay Iñigo.

"What's with the alps?" Tanong nito at nagpatuloy na sa pagkain.

"There's a river somewhere there. It's open, we can swim there and play around."

"Can't we do that in the shore?" Tanong ni Claudia.

"We can. But we have a lot time to do that. Let's explore the city."

"Fine. I'll pack my thing after this."

Tulad nang napag-usapan, kumuha ng mga gamit si Iñigo at Claudia na kanilang dadalhin.

Instead of bringing the car, Inigo decided to ride on his Ecosse  ES1 superbike with Claudia.

"Are you for real? I'm wearing a dress. You should've told me that we're riding a bike." Hindi makapaniwala na sabi ni Claudia habang nakatingin sa motorbike na nasa harapan nila ni Inigo.

"I can wait if you want to change your clothes." Marahan na sabi ni Inigo habang pinaglalaruan sa kanyang kanang kamay ang susi ng motorbike.

"No need! Let's go." Agad na lumapit si Claudia. Kaya mabilis na umalis sa pagkakasandal si Inigo at marahan na sumakay sa motorbike.

Kahit nahihirapan ay pinilit ni Claudia na sumakay sa motorbike habang nakakapit sa balikat ni Inigo.

"Are you fine there?" Tanong ni Inigo.

"Yes. Aren't we going to wear any safety gears?" Tanong ni Claudia habang nakapatong ang parehong kamay sa balikat ni Inigo.

"No need. The market is near." Inalis ni Inigo ang kamay ni Claudia sa kanyang balikat at niyakap iyon sa kanyang baywang. "Let's go."

As soon as Inigo started the engine, he immediately drive their way of to the nearest market.

Dahil sa bilis ng takbo, mahigpit din ang kapit ni Claudia sa kanya. Ang dibdib nito ay mariin na nakalapat sa likod ni Inigo dahil sa higpit ng kanyang pagkakakapit o pagkakayakap.

The whole afternoon was spent eating and playing around.

They both decided to end their tour in the shore owned by Angel. The sun is starting to set and wind is starting to pierced within. They sat side by side without uttering any words, not until Claudia broke the deafening silence.

"I'm so tired. We should go home." Claudia uttered while looking beyond the currents.

Iñigo didn't respond and so, she glanced at him.

Inigo was staring deeply at the deep blue currents. The eyes he only saw once: the moment she was shot.
Claudia is deeply mesmerized. The unpolished hair of Inigo's are dancing as the heartwarming wind brushes on his.

In that moment, Claudia knew it was something different. Something she never felt before. Not to anyone, not even to her father.

In that moment, Claudia knew that she's in real deep trouble. She knew she's entering something she knew she wouldn't get easily over with.

In like a snap, Inigo slowly turned his head towards her direction.

The moment his eyes struck on her, her heart started pounding real hard. Really hard, that she started feeling scared. Not Inigo's sun-lightened deep blue eyes can calm her inner self.

His eyes are like his plump lips. Like the sweet taste of his lips, it speaks to her. She's not just sure what he was trying to convey.

"Can we dance?" Inigo said with a deep baritone voice. He's staring at her deeply not knowing whether she would agree to an impromptu request.

Claudia stood up and offered her both hands to Inigo. That gesture made him smile.

In that moment, Inigo leveled his eyes on her. With their eyes locked, he started lifting her hands and slowly put in on his nape, then, snaking his arms down to her waist.

There was no music at all, as if the sound of the waves served as their own composed music.

Their rhythm are both opposite to the intensity of their heartbeat.

For a moment, they felt something they've always been yearning. A feeling that neither of them didn't intentionally tried to earn.

Despite of them being in a relationship, Claudia and Iñigo, at first, knew that their relationship are more of a business partners rather than their convincing feelings.

Claudia pushed her body against him. Her feet almost cramped because she was trying to reach the back of Inigo's head to hide her tears.

It was a night to remember when she wipe her tears, she whispered to him softly.

"I love you."

As if that's the cue, the slow dance stops and the sound of the splashing waves and winds suddenly didn't sound like it was made for them.

Inigo slowly pushed her away. His eyes were questioning her words and more than her words, his own feelings.