31

31 
Escape

Mabilis ang hakbang ni Inigo, Samuel, at Anton. Ngunit kahit anong bilis ng paghakbang nila ay bumabagal pa rin dahil sa kalagayan ni Inigo. 

He is hurt physically. He got lot of bruises from Ayanna's torture. 

Bumagal pa lalo ang kanilang pagkilos dahil  sa pagbaba sa hagdan. Every  move for Inigo is painful. They are already almost outside the old building.

"Oh shit. Who killed him?" Inigo asked when he saw Miguel Tan's lifeless body on the floor , soaking with his own blood.

"I can't help. He fought back."  walang emosyon na sabi ni Anton habang nakatingin sa walang buhay na katawan ni Miguel sa lapag. 

"Let's go. I can hear their footsteps." umakbay muli si Inigo kay Anton at nagsimulang maglakad ulit. Ika-ikaw at pinipilit na tumakbo ay naabutan pa rin sila ni Ayanna.

"M-Miguel." 

Ayanna saw Miguel's lifeless body. Marahan ang kanyang lakad pababa ng hagdan. The shock can't get over her body. Nang makalapit ng tuluyan si Ayanna ay lumuhod sya para mas makita ang mukha ng binata. 

"Who did this?" nanginginig ang mga kamay ni Ayanna ng haplusin nya ang maputlang mukha ni Miguel. Binaba nya ang hawak na baril sa kanyang tabi at niyakap ang katawan ni Miguel. Tears started flowing out of her eyes. She can't help but to cry. 

Inigo saw Ayanna's breakdown and used that moment to escape.

"We should go faster." bulong ni Inigo habang tumatakas sila. 

Ayanna is in deep rage. 

"Go after them and seize every one." may diin na utos ni Ayanna sa kanyang mga tauhan. Mabilis na tumakbo ang kanyang mga tauhan para habulin sila Inigo. "I will kill them." bulong ni Ayanna sa walang buhay na si Miguel. She kisses his forehead before leaving Miguel's body behind.

Hawak ang baril ay tumayo sya at agad na naglakad papalabas ng building. Then she saw Inigo, Samuel, and Anton are fighting against her people. She took another steps to get closer, as she saw her people slowly losing against the three men. 

Ikinasa nya ang hawak na baril at tinutok kay Inigo. 

"Die." she whisper as she pulls the trigger of the gun. 

Inigo on the other hand felt the pain when the small metal penetrates his right shoulder. 

"INIGO." Both Anton and Samuel shouts his name as they saw Inigo being shot. But they can't help Inigo as they are busy fighting against the remaining people of Ayanna. 

Inigo turns around to see who shot him. He saw Ayanna standing not too far and pointing gun towards him. Ayanna's eyes were too focus on Inigo. 

Ayanna loads the gun again and pointed the gun towards Inigo. 

Inigo tried to walk towards Ayanna's. But as soon as he steps forward, Ayanna pulls the trigger. 

Inigo felt the tiny metal on his left arm. He ignores the shot and tried to step again towards Ayanna. As he steps, Ayanna pulls the trigger. 

Inigo is one meter away. Ayanna aims for the chest and immediately pulls the trigger. Inigo can't help but to stop and held the part where he is shot. He is soaking with his own blood and can no longer take another step. His knees started to shake.