Chapter 2 - My new pet

I opened my eyes, seeing that the sun wasn't up. I stood and gave a quick stretch and saw that the pony I had last night was still sleeping. I sighed in relieve. I had been so drained last night I forgot to put up a spell of protection. I'm glad she didn't try anything.

'She's so...so..."Strange." I said out loud and saw her move a bit when I spoke. I then smirked and pulled on her chain. Her eyes snapped open and looked at me. Her eyes flattened.    

"Get up. We will leave and take my kingdom back today." I said, dropping my smirk. She stood, started to walk. I looked at her before walking but soon grew bored of the silence.

"What do they call you?" I asked. I heard her sighed.

"(y/n)." She said. I nodded, deciding I would keep her.

"Well from now on I will call you my pet. Do you understand?" I asked. I didn't hear an answer, I became upset and turned, glaring at her.

"I asked you a question pet!" I shouted. She quivered a bit.

"Y-yes Sombra." She shuddered. How dare she. I rose my hoof and smacked her across the face. She yelped in pain.

"You will address me as king." I said. Tears fell from her eyes. She will learn to respect me.

"Y-yes my king." She answered. I smiled and turned back around, walking. I heard her crying and smiled. Good. She will learn how to be a good pet or else. As we walked, I started to feel weak. I knew I was getting hungry, but i wasn't going to stop just yet.

"M-My king?" My pet asked. I heard the terror in her voice and was about to ask what when my stomach growled. I let a low growl out.

"I...I can make us lunch." She said. I looked at her but didn't stop walking.

"If we stop now, we lose time." I said and turned back to watch were I was going. I wasn't going to let the fake princess run MY empire.

"But if you don't eat, you wont have strength." My pet said. I turned to look at her, stopping in the process.

"Do you question my plans?" I asked, my voice growing dark in anger. She shook your head.

"N-No my king." She said. I glared at her before turning around and continued to walk. I heard her sighed and her stomach growled but I didn't stopped walking. I then heard a thump and the chain grew tight. I growled and turned. 

"Stand up pet! I have use for you when we reach my empire." I said, stopping for a bit. She stood and gasped. I glared at her.

"I-I'm sorry my K-king. I-I just my...my cutie mark." She said. I looked at her. 

"Your cutie mark?" I asked and looked at it. It was just a salt shaker with salt coming out of it.

"It's bad luck." She said. I shook my head and started to walk again.

"There is no such thing as a bad luck cutie mark." I said. I felt the chain grew tight again but not for long. I looked and saw she had caught her self. 

"Yeah, well tell that to my mark...Whats your mark my king?" She asked. I humphed but decide to tell her.

"Fine. I will humor you pet. It's three crystals, black. Happy?" I told her. She better be happy.  

"Yes. Thank you my king." She said and looked down. I smiled. She is learning last. I heard her stomach growled again. I sighed and looked at the sky. We have traveled the whole day with out stopping much.

"It's late and the journey in the snow is dangerous at night. We will stop here for the night and continue in the morning. Pet. I need food but I will have to watch you to make sure it is not poison." I said as I stopped near a small lake. I wouldn't be king if i took food for someone with out knowledge that it wasn't poisoned.  

"Alright, well I have some hay, but we have been walking a lot so I was hoping to make a salad." She said. I looked around. We are in the forest that had many plants but I did not know which ones were deadly or not. 

"And with what? Half the plants here could kill me." I guessed. I would never show weakness to my pet, nor to a subject of mine but she looked around.

"No. You see I go out and make my own salad a lot of the time. I know which ones are and aren't." She said, starting to pick some plants close to her but I stopped her by tugging at her chain, causing her to drop the items she had.  

"You think I'm a fool?" I asked and she shook her head.

"No. Look." She said and ate one of the plants she dropped but I saw disgust as she ate it.

"Sorry, I hadn't washed it yet and had some dirt on it, but it is good." She said. I glared at her. Others had tried to fool me but i was always smarter then them.

"I will take your hay. You do what you want with your, salad." I said. She nodded and handed her bag to me as she continued to make your salad. I sat and watched her, eating the hay and before long she sat down by the river and started to wash them. I had just finished the hay and the apples in her bag when I heard her sighed and moved the salad onto a huge leaf she had found to act like a plate. As she ate, I watched her. She had the plants she dropped before, alone with others and ate like normal. I then saw she was watching me also.  

"Do you want some?" She asked. I looked at the salad.