Chapter 4

"Hey! Watch it!" shouted the man who bumped into me.

"You were the one who bumped into me" I muttered.

I pushed myself through the big amount of people in the streets.

All I wanted for dinner was cereal.

My third night in Gotham and I can't even take a walk to the store to buy milk.

Yes, I stole money from Ra's.

When I finally reached the store, I opened the door and entered the almost empty room.

I was relieved to not see it crowded.

I had a dark hoodie on, without my mask this time. Basically my civilian form.

I walked to the freezer and searched for the milk section.

While I was searching I heard a man's voice from the cashier.

"Give it up now" he threatened the cashier lady with a gun.

I silently sighed,

'Will there ever be a night without crime?'

I was about to drop the gallon of milk I had in hand to go help, when another man knocked the thug out in one hit at the back of his neck.

"When is Batman ever going to eliminate these drug dealing pimps?"

The man with dark messy hair, and a white streak picked up the thug's weapon and placed it in his pocket. After that, he had left.

'Is he another thug?'

"Here" I placed the milk on the counter.

"Will that be al-"

"Yes" I interrupted.

She nodded and took the money I handed her before placing the gallon in a bag.

I muttered a 'Thanks' and followed the guy I had just seen, he was walking down the street with his hands in his pockets.

He seemed to notice my presence since he made a stop. He faced towards me as I lowered my head more.

"Something you need?"

"Nope, just walking home" I lied and passed by him.

He grabbed my arm, which felt like brick,

"I know you're lying"

"Who are you?" He questioned as he almost removed my hoodie.

"No one you should know" I stated before loosening from his grip and running off.

I felt his footsteps following me behind.

So to lose him, I jumped from balcony to balcony and up to a roof.

I waved a small 2 finger salute and made sure my face wasn't revealed as I took one last glanced at the strange look he was giving me.

'I hope to not see him again'

I thought he was another thug. I mean you never know. Here in Gotham, anyone could be criminals. He seemed cool though.

When I finally reached my building I opened the window and sneaked inside.

I sighed and took a shower in the bathroom.

I kept thinking about the guy I just saw. He didn't look bad himself but he did look to be around his 20s.

I encountered him but I didn't get his name. It was as if my gut told me to talk to him.

I decided to go outside again, but this time, with my suit.