Chapter 23

(G/B/F)?

What?!

I was shocked, frozen in place and questioning so many things.

Why was she here?

As she introduced herself, she made eye contact with me and she gave me a big smile after her eyes widened.

Damian seemed to notice since he turned around to look at me,

"She's grinning at you"

"Yea I know" I said as I smiled back at her.

"You know her?"

"My best friend" I look at him.

"Oh" He rolled the word on his tongue.

"(G/B/F), you can sit behind (Y/N)"

"(Y/N), please raise your hand"

She didn't even have to finish her sentence before I rose my hand up.

As my best friend walked to the seat behind me she whispered to me from behind,

"Oh my god, (Y/N). I didn't know you were here"

I identified the excitement in her words.

"I didn't know you were going to be the new student. Anyways, coffee? My treat"

"You bet!" She whisper yelled.

============================

How did things get this awkward?

It was currently lunch. I invited (G/B/F) for a drink. I wanted Damian to meet her, so I invited him.

Luke asked if he wanted to have a cup of coffee with me again, so I invited him too.

I thought to myself,

What could go wrong?

Now, as I watched Damian and Luke glare at each other as they sat besides each other, the answer was everything.

In other words, never say what could go wrong, because everything can.

I decided to ignore them both for a while and just have a chat with my best friend.

"Where were you for the past few years?" I asked out of curiosity.

"What do you mean where? I was in Gotham obviously" She stated.

"After you didn't go to school, I was sad. Really sad" She emphasized the word Really.

My face saddened, "I'm sorry"

"Why did you leave? Where did you go?"

"I..."

I couldn't just tell her that I was taken to Infinity Island and became an assassin. So I had to lie. Again.

"I had to stay with one of my parents' best friend after they... died"

"Oh no, I'm sorry" She reached for my hands as she gave me an apologetic look.

"It's not your fault, Silly" I laughed it off.

"How did you both meet?" Both Damian and Luke exchanged looks after asking the same thing.