Chapter 38

[(Y/N)'s POV]

I gave Damian a wink to tell him that I was okay, despite the cuts and blood he was seeing on me.

He gave me a stern look as he slowly nodded before turning his gaze to Batman and Joker who were still talking.

Jesus, this Joker guy talks a lot. And what the hell is Bruce waiting for?

Jason looks ready to kick some ass and so those Dick, Tim, and Damian.

"You want her? Here" Joker signals one of the men to untie me from the chair. Was he really going to hand me to Batman?

As the man held my arm, I tried to kick him but that only ended up with my body just moving a little bit. The injuries made my strength low.

Besides, I was hungry too.

The man handed me to Joker, and he pulled me towards Bruce.

That was until he threw me back to one of his other goons to catch.

"Did you really think it was going to be that simple?" Joker grinned.

"No Bats, No" he quietly said and kissed the back of his teeth.

"Harley!" He called out.

Then, there comes his bitch. Coming out the door with her bat and a smile.

On her other hand, she had a gun.

Behind her, more thugs came in with machine guns.

I watched as Batman and the others changed to their fighting stance, except for those who were already ready to fight.

Harley quickly took a shot at Nightwing. Fortunately, he evaded his position in time.

Then, he fought back with her.

Red Hood took the next move and shot Joker in the leg. My jaw slightly dropped. Everyone around him were shocked.

"Red Hood!" shouted Batman in anger.

He actually shot him. I looked over to him, he sighed loudly,

"Always wanted to do that"

Jason ignored Batman's scolding as the battle began.

I watched as Red Hood knocked out many thugs with his hands and gun. Except, he didn't use real bullets. I noticed that he used rubber bullets. He knew Bruce wouldn't allow real bullets at all.

This made me realize that he shot Joker in the right spot too. By right spot, I mean that he shot him where he wouldn't lose a lot of blood and die. If Joker were to die, I'm pretty sure Bruce would probably be mad at him for the rest of his life.

As the Batbrothers... I'll name them that. As they fought, Damian came over to untie me.

Also, did I mention that Harley was already knocked out? After Joker was shot, she shouted his name before being distracted. Nightwing took the chance to slip her off her feet and knock her out from behind with one hand.

Gosh, I love that move. It's just fun knocking out people. I had to knock out a few while I was on missions or practicing back in Infinity Island.

"Being honest with you, I like seeing you without that full mask, love" I hear Damian comment as he untied me from behind.

I blushed a bit at his last word. We're not even dating, and we're flirting. A lot.

But guess what? I don't care. See, the thing is...

I don't want to make the first move. If that makes sense.

"I might just consider your suggestion" I reply as I rub the burn on my wrists that were caused by the ropes.