Chapter 44

[(Y/N)'s POV]

Before I could speak out and tell Talia that I don't believe her father's alive, a hand went over my mouth.

That's when I noticed a women in front of me.

Did she sneak herself in?

She had two parallel lines going down her face where her eyes were and a circle in the middle.

Wait, was she Onyx?

She was quiet and signaled me to get out after untieing me.

She unlocked the aircraft door and told me to leave. I don't know how she did that but she did.

I nodded in response and asked her why.

Of course, in stealth mode.

"There's someone who will catch you. Talia will pay for what she did to The Heretic" she whispered back in a menacing voice before pushing me off the aircraft.

Let me tell you, I was not ready.

I screamed as I fell off. The sky was pink or orange, I'm not sure since I was in panic mode.

The worse thing was that I was falling with my back facing down.

That gave the worse feeling to my stomach.

Especially when my mind was telling me that I was going to fall backwards on the surface of the water.

Falling flat on water, hurts.

Suddenly, I stopped in mid-air. I felt myself flying. I had my eyes closed so I opened them.

"(Y/N), an assassin, huh? I heard a lot about you from Dick"

It was a person with a dark metal suit and a blue neon bat figure on his chest.

His suit had wings. He was holding me bridal style.

Was he part of the Batfamily too?

I'm calling them a Batfamily now.

"Thanks for catching me. But, who are you?" I asked.

I wanted to slap myself for sounding rude, but he understood it wasn't intentionally.

"I'm Luke Fox, son of Lucius Fox, friend of Nightwing" he replied as he took me away from the aircraft.

So he was the Luke that Dick was talking about earlier.

Before I could reply, an explosion was heard. It was a huge one. It caught us too, so the wave made him lose his balance.

"You can't fly through the wave!" I yelled through the sound of the explosion that was blocking my ears too.

"I think I'll just try to land!" He shouted back as he flew faster and tried landing on the grass, near the edge of the city.

We were definitely not close to the church where the 'Nunjas' were, as Dick called them.

We both rolled over the ground as we watched the aircraft fall.

So that's why Onyx untied me. She wanted to kill Talia.

As the aircraft disappeared in front of the sun rising, I still couldn't believe it.

Talia is... gone.

I didn't know whether to feel happy or bad.

I guess you could say I felt happy, but sad for Damian. She WAS his mother anyways.

The sound was over. There was just smoke above the water.

I watched before Luke Fox's voice interrupted my trance,