Chapter 25

As we stepped inside the temple of the league, in a millisecond we were surrounded by many assassins.

"Wow, I feel so welcomed" I sarcastically called out as me and Batman lifted our hands in defense.

"Settle down" stated a voice as the assassins stood straight and divided into two large groups as they made an aisle in the middle.

A figure came out of the inside of the temple as she placed a hand on her hip,

"I don't think I recall asking you to bring my beloved"

"Talia" I rolled my eyes.

"But on the bright side, it's good to see you Bruce" she had romantic written all over her words.

"Talia, not now" stated Bruce in the most coldest way I've ever heard him say.

She smirked as she stood there silent.

"I came to 'negotiate' with you" I quoted with my fingers before I crossed my arms.

"And I'll be by her side" added Bruce as he placed his gloved hand on my shoulder.

"Sure" She stated with a calm face.

That was until a smirk grew on her lips,

"But first, let me present to you my best assassin, that will also be joining us since you've brought your guest"

Best assassin?

She motioned her hand to the temple's entrance where a masked assassin walked out.

The figure removed it's mask where only the top of it's face was revealed and it's bottom half was masked.

"Hello, (Y/N)" said the figure in a sarcastic tone.

My arms dropped,

"Levy..." I whispered outloud.

"Thank you for leaving me behind, friend" He emphasized his last word in a cold way.

Even by just seeing the top half of his face, I saw how different he looked. I wanted to run to him and hug him. But it he didn't look like he felt the same.

If Levy is here... then Levy can't be Luke right?

Levy is here with his yellow eyes while Luke has blue ones.

"So you're not Luke?" I asked.

He looked at me for a few seconds before raising an eyebrow,

"Luke? Who is that? Did you replace me already?"

I decided to prove if I was wrong or right. I took out my phone and texted Luke. He gave me his number when we did the project together.

After giving him a text, I placed my phone away. Bruce only looked at me confused. And Talia? She's been awfully quiet.

Or so, I thought.

"Outside or Inside?"

I glanced over to Bruce who did the same. It was as if we were using telepathy.

Outside it was.

"Outside" replied Bruce or Batman.

After finding a place to sit outside, I heard a ding.

I gazed at my phone's screen who showed me a notification from Luke.

My eyes flew to Levy who was still here and slightly glaring at me.

So, Levy isn't Luke. My gut was wrong.

I placed my phone back in my pocket as I sat with Bruce.