Chapter 4: Helpless

Your eyes shot open when you heard loud thuds. You looked around and saw no one around.

Yesterday night, you slept in a sitting position. You stood up and your whole body was aching. You walked up to the bathroom and when you were about to open it, the door automatically opened and that made you loose your balance and land on the person who was in the bathroom.

You opened your eyes which were tightly shut and found Sehun's face inches away from you. All your blood crept up to your cheeks.

You stared at his brown eyes but got confused. Is this the same Sehun? No, this can't be him. His eyes are filled with coldness only.

"Move, will you?" He asked in an irritiated tone.

You couldn't process what he said. He just pushed you and you groaned in pain.

He got up and walked out of the bathroom.

You also stood up and looked at your yourself in the mirror.

Your forehead had a big cut which you believe will leave a scar and your chin was still hurting.

You walked out washroom.

"Umm, Hunnie-" He cut you off.
"Don't call me that!" He growled and glared at you.

"Sorry. Do you have first aid?" You asked and he rolled his eyes.

He walked towards his cupboard and opened it.

He took out the first aid kit and closed it back with a loud thud. You closed your eyes when you saw him walking towards you with an angry face.

A few seconds later, you felt something really cold touching your injury. You opened your eyes to see Sehun applying ointment on your wound.

You heart softened seeing him like this. Is there hope? No, there isn't, is there? He doesn't have even a little bit of love left in his heart for you but then why do you still love him whole-heartedly?
After he was done, he kept back the first aid kit to its original place.

"Don't think of it in another way, I just did it so that you keep your mouth shut." You knew that he would say something like this.

"You don't even love me a little bit, do you?" You couldn't hold it in, so you just let it out.

"No, why should I? Give me one condition for which I should love you. Because you are my fiancee? Oh, please, I don't even take you as my friend. Forget what happened years ago, forget that I LOVED you because now, I don't. From today onwards, you will only have to see this Sehun, not Hunnie because he died right at the moment you left him alone. And I promise you that I will never be Hunnie again who loves you." With that, he left the room. Your mind went blank, your ears couldn't believe what it heard.

Your tears again streamed down but you quickly wiped it away.

You went to the washroom and washed your face and made sure that it doesn't look like you cried.

You got out of the washroom and went to their dining place. You flashed a fake smile.

"Omo, Jaeyoung, what happened to you?" Your future mother-in-law asked, walking towards you with a worried expression.

"Ah, that...." You thought of an excuse. "I just tripped." You lied, touching your wound.

"Are you okay? How can you be so clumsy?" She scolded you in a motherly way. The way she cared for you made you teary.

"Oh, are you crying? I am sorry. I didn't mean to." She said, panicking.

"No, no, something just went inside my eyes." You smiled at her and she smiled back.