Chapter 5

Ella's POV

"Your still coming to the party right?"

"Yeah of course, I wouldn't miss it."

"Good! I need someone to keep me away from the mini bar" I shake my head at Marcus, knowing good and well no one could keep him away from that mini bar. Not even our last experience with alcohol.

I had woke up this morning feeling a lot better then the night before. My headache was gone and I could start to see the bruises turn from purple to yellow. Everyone around me was still treating me like a very fragile egg waiting to crack though. No matter how many times I reassured them I was fine, they continued to check on me what felt like every 20 minutes.

"Do you want me to help you get ready for the party? I don't mind!"

"Marcus I'm okay really! I can do it I promise!"

"I just want to make sure your alright. And what if something else happens, what are we gonna do?"

"Nothing else will happen, it was probably just from the alcohol anyways. And I'm not drinking tonight or probably ever again."

"Ugh fine but if you need me you know I'm always here right?!"

"Yes for the hundredth time, I will come to you if I need anything I promise." He smiles at me and waves me goodbye as he Leaves to get ready for the party himself.

I guess only being 18 and a non shifter, I could only expect the babying from everyone. It's gotten a little better after my parents had passed away, but not much. I didn't mind it at first but eventually got a little overwhelmed with how little everyone thought I could do. That's why I made it my mission to graduate early and become a doctor. I wanted to show people that I wasn't that fragile little girl anymore. But honestly no matter what I did, I think they would always treat me like that, it's just who they were.

I laid in bed for a little while longer glancing through my social media. I didn't have much time to get on it since I worked a lot but it was relaxing when I could. I eventually got up and headed to the bathroom to take a quick shower and get ready for the party. As I stripped I noticed the bruises were almost completely vanished. Wolves bodies heal a lot faster which I was incredibly thankful for, I didn't want those ugly things forever. I stared at myself in the mirror, admiring the tattoos that laced my body, tracing the lines along my skin.

One of the warriors in the pack, is a tattoo artist and owns his own shop in town. He was really close with my dad and when he died I asked him if he'd do a special piece in remembrance of my parents. He agreed even though I was only 16 at the time. Once I got the first one, I got addicted to getting them and haven't stopped since.

I hurry and get in the shower, flinching when the hot water hits my back. I let the hot water cascade down my back, relaxing my muscles. My body has been so tense lately, and I can feel my wolf stirring a lot more then she has in months. Maybe the weird attack my body had sent her on edge but I wouldn't know she barely talks to me any more. I hurry and wash my hair and body, jumping out of the shower after I do. I wrap a towel around my waist and walk back into my room. I glance at the dress that Marcus picked out for me. Its a red dress that fits snug to the body and is a little too short for my liking. I glance at my closet trying to find anything else to wear, that better suits a kid party. I spot a red dress in the back of my closet that I bought a couple months back but didnt have any where to wear it to. Its a long dress that has a slit at the leg, that hangs off the shoulders. I grab it from my closet and slip it on. It fits perfectly and even goes with the twins mickey and Minnie Mouse themed party. I blow dry my hair and leave it curly, filling in my eyebrows and adding a bit of powder, I spray my perfume and head towards the party.