Chapter 20

Ella's POV

I sat at my desk, staring off into the black computer screen. I wasn't left to deal with a lot of patients today, Thomas's request, and they only had minor injuries. I was a little anoyed that everyone thought I still needed to take it slow even after being marked for a week now. I had returned to work three days ago and had only been assigned ten patients for the whole three days, including today. I could of just left already and be out doing something way more enjoyable but I wasn't in the mood to do anything recently. I was still in a sucky mood from when Thomas told me aout Cassidy and Eva's little plan. I didn't want to hear people talk about the rumors or even risk a chance at seeing the girls in question. I honestly didn't know what I'd do if I saw them. Thomas already confronted them and they "promised" it was just a rumour but I didn't belive them. I knew they were still planning on challenging me, and the thought of it made me angry.

I decided to look at my emails for the tenth time today, to make time waste away. Surprisingly I had a new email from Thomas. The email contained all the details about our mating and my Luna ceremony. I looked over everything, admiring all the small details Thomas had put into it.

"I'll take your smile as you like everything?"

I jumped a little at the voice, looking up to see my mate standing in my office doorway.I smiled at him, nodding towards the chair in front of my desk.

"I love all of it, you didn't have to do all of this, a small thing would of been okay too."

"You deserve it love, I just hope I made it as special as I could."

"It's perfect, I love all the little details you put inot there, you even remembered my favorite flowers were lillies."

"Of course I did, they are beautiful just like you."

I looked down my face tuning a crimson red shade. I loved his compliments but they still made me blush from head to toe.

"They are setting up almost everything today besides the food and little stuff that can wait until tomorrow. Everyone should arrive today as well."

"Who all did you invite?" He didn't answer right away a smirk on his face.

"You'll find out." I glared at him, not liking to be kept in the dark. He just laughed, standing to his full height and coming over to my side of the desk.

"Since your done with all your patients, I wanted to take you somewhere before Leah forces me away from you tonight."

"Away?"

"It's tradition. Similar to the way the humans do it before a wedding. We'll be separated tonight and won't see each other until tomorrow."

"Oh. Well where are we going?" I ask as I grab my hand and intertwine his with mine. We both make our way out my office, waving at the nurses as we pass.

"It's a surprise."

"You're full of surprises today aren't you?" He looks over to me, giving me a wink. A laugh leaves my mouth, the first one in days.

We make our way outside and to our house. I hurry up and run upstairs to change once we arrive. I change out of my jeans and into leggings, grabbing a oversized sweater and putting it on. Throwing on some boots I grab my phone and wallet and make my downstairs. Thomas was waiting for me in the kitchen when I came down.

"Are you ready?"

"Yeah, what's that?" I asked pointing towards the bag that was sitting next to him.

"Lunch, we'll be too far away from any place to eat, and I can't let you go hungry." I smiled and nodded, still very curious as to where we were going.