Chapter 10

Ella's POV

I stared at the couple in front of me, they were currently arguing back and forth. The man had got into a fight with another man and his mate was currently scolding him. I didn't know what to say. Every time I tried to get close to him to try to examine him, he would growl at me. After my third attempt of trying with no luck, I just pulled up a chair and let it play out. I called Marcus to help me with the situation but instead he just pulled up a chair.

"He's my friend Charles! I can have friends!!"

"Not MALE friends Marybeth! Especially since you are not marked and could go into heat at any moment!"

"Then just have sex with me already and mark me!" That shut him quick and I could feel the awkwardness grow in the room. I was trying so hard to hold in my laughs and almost achieved it until of course Marcus had to intervene.

"Wait a second! You mean your the one in the relationship afraid to lose their V?" He said pointing a finger at Charles. I couldn't hold it anymore and started laughing. Marcus and Marybeth joined me, all of us with tears in our eyes.

"I'm not afraid! I'm just being respectful! And I'm not a virgin." He said a unamused look on his face.

"Oh honey I can smell pure and innocence all over you. You don't have to lie."

"Whatever." He said getting up from the bed and trying to leave. I stopped my laughing and hurried to block the door.

"You can't leave! I have to make sure you are okay first."

"Oh now you care I'm okay? Move out of my way doctor." He tried to push me aside but I held my ground.

"Charles just get back on the bed it will only take a second." He hesitated but reluctantly moved to the bed again. It didn't take long for me to clean all his wounds and stitch his forehead. I gave him a prescription for some medicine if he needed it, informing him not to get in any fights until the stitches dissolved.

"Oh he won't doc! Thanks again, and welcome back!" I smiled at Marybeth, watching as she waved and walked to catch up with her mate.

"Well if that little scene didn't make your first day back great then I don't know what would." Marcus said a silly grin on his face.

"I honestly can't believe she said that to him!Good for her." We both nodded, him waving me goodbye as he went to do "beta" things. In reality I knew that just meant he was going to go bug his mate or Rose. Better them then me....

I was having a great first day back. I wanted to call to talk to Thomas but remembered he said he was busy all day. I sent him a quick text just so he'd know I was okay. Charles was only my first patient for the day, so I got to spend the majority of the day catching up with the nurses. For some reason they always had the best of stories, making even the saddest person crack a smile.

Gabriela was just telling all of us about Noah and Jakes fight they had when I felt it. A sharp pain, like the ones I've had before, hit me in the stomach. I bent over, tears pricking me eyes as I clutched my stomach.

"Are you okay?" Gabriela said, coming to my side. I was about to assure her I was when another wave of pain hit me. This one made me fall to my knees, the pain making all the air leave my mouth. I fell to the ground, gasping for air as I tried to tell the worried nurses what was wrong. I could see Gabriela shine a light in my eyes, checking my pupils. I couldn't hear anything and knew that the all too familiar darkness would consume me soon enough. I could see everything start to slow down, my vision becoming blurry as the pain kept getting stronger. I tried to fight to stay awake but my body gave out and I fell into the darkness.