Chapter 8

Ella's POV

"Call him."

"No."

"Call him."

"No."

"Ella call Thomas or I will do it for you."

"Marcus mind your business or I will tell Jake you were looking at Mathias's butt."

"I was not!!"

I finish stocking the cabinet of the first exam room and turn around to look at my Beta. He's been bugging me for the past half hour about calling Thomas. Each time I tell him that Thomas is probably busy since he just got back yesterday.

"You know if someone was ever doing a documentary on my life, every episode would start with you trying to get me to do something I don't want to do."

"Well if you would just listen to me and DO them then maybe the next episode would be different." He huffs crossing his arms over his chest and sticking his tongue out at me.

"He's an Alpha Marcus, he has alpha duties and he can't sit in front of his phone talking to me the whole day. And it's not like I'm just sitting around anyways, I have a job too."

"Your supposed to be just sitting around! Doc said you can't go back to work until your fully healed. And you promised Thomas you would take it easy."

"I AM taking it easy Im literally just stocking the cabinets. And I needed some time away from my bed. I already finished the whole two seasons of 9-1-1 in two days and have nothing else to watch."

"Well text him then! And then he'll see it when he's not busy."

"You know I feel like your more concerned with my relationship then anything else in your life."

"Oh whatever! I'm just trying to help!"

I shake my head at him and start my slow walk to the next room. My stomach is still sore but it helps to walk around and not stay in bed all day. I had to basically beg Rose to let me at least stock the cabinets. I needed something to get my mind off of Thomas leaving.

So far I was doing....okay. I missed him a lot. He was only here for two days but I already got accustomed to his scent and presence being around. Without it, it was like I was always missing something. That something wasn't right. He had texted me late last night when they arrived home.

"We made it home. I miss you so much already. I know your probably asleep so I won't call but I just wanted to let you know we made it safe. Goodnight my sweet Ella. I will talk to you soon."

I kept looking at the message over and over. I wanted to just hit the call button and hear his voice. But I knew all too well that hearing his voice would make me cry and I didn't want him to worry. I texted him back this morning letting him know I missed him too and that I'd like to talk soon as well. I didn't receive a message back so I just assumed he was too busy.

When Nosy Nancy was peeking over my shoulder and saw the message the nagging started. He eventually left to find something to do other then bother me. I finished up the last exam room and was back to being bored. I sat at the nurses desk just staring at the single chart. One of the older males had come in complaining about his knee. Doctor Barry was currently giving him the "we're old speech" he gave to everyone before prescribing them pain killers.

I was watching YouTube videos on the nurses computer since they were at lunch, when I felt Nick walk in. I bowed my head to him sending him a small smile.

"I didn't expect you to still be here. I thought you were just stocking the exam rooms."

"Oh yeah I am, I just thought I'd stick around....I don't really have anything else to do."