Chapter 19

Ella's POV

"Leah please just tell me. Thomas won't and this annoying headache has returned and I just want to go home and go back to bed."

"Ella I want to, and I promise you I would so you could go home to get rest but he used his Alpha command on me not to tell you. I can't disobey that without being in a lot of pain."

I groan and rub my hands over my face. I was so annoyed at my mate right now, and it wasn't helping that I was so far away from him, since we just mated. I honestly felt like I was about to pass out any second but I needed to know what was going on. I didn't want to be treated like a child who couldn't handle some tough news. I had been through too much in my life to be that weak.

"It's fine, I'm sorry for bothering you and Barrion, excuse me." I don't wait for her reply and take off down the hall. I make my way down the stairs as slowly as humanly possible. As I reached the bottom, I could smell that he was here. I didn't want to talk to him unless he was going to tell me what was going on. I tried to go the opposite way of his scent, but ended up in the living room where he was. I went to turn around when he called out to me.

"Ella please. Don't do this right now, it's hurting me and my wolf right now being away from you. I don't want to fight with you baby."

"Just tell me what's going on. What's so bad that you can't tell me? I thought we told each other everything."

"Baby we do, and I'd never keep anything from you. This just isn't important, I will deal with it as soon as I can."

I let him get within arm distances from me but stepped back when he tried to reach out for me. I didn't want to give up so easily, I had to stand up for myself or he'd always treat me like a fragile child.

"You remember when I didn't tell you about the attacks that were happening to me? Do you remember how upset you were? That's how I feel right now Thomas. I just want to know so I can help too. And even if I can't help, I can be there for YOU."

He looked down at his shoes, a sigh leaving his mouth.

"Not here, not so everyone can hear. Just come back home with me, and I promise you I will tell you. I pinky promise."

I thought about it for a second but I knew he wasn't lying. He'd never lie to me.

I nodded, starting my walk towards the front of the house. I didn't get very far before I was pulled back by my hand. My back made contact with Thomas's chest, his scent surrounding me, calming my nerves. His face stayed in the crook of neck, as he took in my scent.

"I'm sorry Ella, please don't ever feel like I don't value you as a woman or my Luna. I just try to keep the annoying things of this job to myself so you don't worry. I won't do it again, please forgive me my love. I love you so much, don't ever walk away from me, please."

I nodded, turning around and wrapping my arms around his waist. I hugged him tightly to me, not wanting to let him go. I did miss him even the short amount of time I was gone. Our mate bond was strengthening by the minute and it was starting to physically hurt being so far away from him. Me and my wolf hated it but we knew we had to make a point.

Thomas easily picked me up, allowing me to wrap myself around him like a koala bear. I could physically feel my body start to get stronger the closer our bodies were to each other.

"I love you too." I whispered against his chest as he made his way back towards the house. His arms tightened around me, holding me closer to his chest.

It didn't take long to make it to the house, the house quiet as we entered. He made it to the living room and sat down on the couch with me in his lap.