Chapter Four

Winter.

Cold as it may be, this season brings warmth to every being. Especially, if there's hot cocoa involved....ahem, I mean especially if your loved ones are there beside you.

Though, that may only be the thoughts of other people. In my case,...

"Achoo!"

"Bless you. You sure are bad with cold weather huh, Umi?"

With a smirk, she gave me a look. I did not give out a retort, for as much as possible I don't want to waste my time on useless arguments with this girl.

...I simply want to stay at home and bury myself in my warm bed.

Months had already passed and now it's winter. Do not ask why a huge time skip suddenly happened, I'm just a mob character you know? So, please cut me off some slack.

Anyways, the cold winter and I don't really get along. I used to love this season. Emphasize, used to.

I was really enthusiastic when I discovered that I reincarnated at a country where snow could be experienced.

Because, at my previous country, you can only experience snow if you go to certain parks, or rather travel to places where it existed. And that would really make the money in your pockets disappear, as in literally.

So, knowing that I was in that kind of country, I was in beyond the state of  joy.  However, that joyous feeling turned into dread as I experienced winter's might.  Thus, I came to a firm decision of making this season one of my enemies.

Reason? I simply do not like cold weather. I cursed myself that time not thinking ahead of time. As a person who claimed to hate cold weather, realization hit me hard at that moment. It was like you were splashed with an ice bucket full of super cold water, and just thinking about that makes me despise the said season much more.

"Achoo!"

I sneezed, then sniffed as I gave out a begrudging look towards Ame-chan.

"If you know that case, then why did you even bother to invite me?"

"I recall saying, you can refuse in my invitation though?" she happily grinned giving me a derisive look.

I rolled my eyes.

This girl really gets on my nerves when she gets the chance to do so.

"I'll be heading first."

"Hey!"

🏃🏃🏃🏃🏃

"Despite the snow storm yesterday, they managed to maintain the school's cleanliness...as expected of Namimori Middle School!"

Ame-chan gasp amazed.

Same sentiments Ame-chan, Namimori Middle School is a place where a speck of trash littered isn't to be tolerated and is punishable. Not to mention, the punisher itself is a scary person to boot. So, who dares to litter?

Putting cleanliness aside though,...

"Seriously,..out of all schools why do we have to take exams here, Ame-chan?" I said as I rubbed both my hands to prevent the cold coming to me.

"Why not? It's better to have more choices! And besides, we get to confirm if that rumor about a strict prefect existing in this school is actually true." she answers and looked around the campus with sparkling eyes.

To confirm? I couldn't help but grimace. More like we're seeking death itself. I don't want to see that guy.

Honestly speaking, just stepping on to the grounds of this school literally spells death. Just take into account the people roaming around this school.