Chapter Twenty Three

"Ugh..."

Umi could only helplessly groan as she buried herself to her pillows.

She had dug throught her memories regarding the manga, as well as the fanfictions she read when she was still alive and analyzed them, making her sleep only an hour. Add, wake up with a really heavy head and beautiful pair of baggy eyes.

Stumbling upon the Vongola ancestor yesterday had made Umi feel disturbed. Obviously, as that didn't seem to be of norm. Not to mention, his words too. That's why she spent the night thinking and came up with a few assumptions. Though, out of all the assumptions she made only one came to a pass.

There was a threat coming.

Vongola Primo, Giotto wouldn't appear so if there wasn't at all. That's why he showed up to her to make sure that she was not that said threat or prevent so from happening. Other than that reason, her existence might have something to with it too, that Tri-ni-sette was affected making him appear to her. Any anomaly that is happening would always be sensed by the Tri-ni-sette.

She sits up from her bed slowly, and crossed her arms.

Though, if so wouldn't that man come to her and question her as well? After all, in just a couple more days the next arc would be beginning. And at that time, she will be probably be involved. Whether she likes it or not due to her connection with the prefect.

She sighs, lying back to her bed covering herself with the blanket.

She just hopes by that time, Ame and Jun wouldn't be questioning her.

💃💃💃💃💃

Umi sighs deeply as she looks at the amount of paperwork that the prefect had left her to deal with.

Being in the committee allowed her to skip classes prior to the said teen's request to the principal of the school, nevertheless that does not change the fact that she is still going to attend to school and work.

As much as she wanted to push all the work to Hibari's men, she could only dream of it. She hated troublesome things after all, that's why she works every document diligently. It was also very weird to see documents that are out of the usual school works. She nearly jaw dropped at one document she read.

Wait, why are yakuzas included here?

"I hope that you aren't having a hard time, Hiroshima-san."

Umi laughs awkwardly at the male teen's sudden appearance before waving frantically, placing the paper back. "N-Not at all. I just hate working."

Kusakabe sweat drops at the girl's blunt answer. Nevertheless, when he checked her work earlier he was a bit stunned.

Kusakabe had literally no idea why the prefect suddenly added Hiroshima Umi to the committee. From what he knew, putting aside her friends, the girl was a total normal girl and had no special talents in her whatsoever(The same goes with other people, as they do not know Umi well yet.).

Though, after a few observations and witnessing her work, he could tell that the prefect was indeed a person who could see hidden talents. What he wasn't aware of though, the girl was a reincarnator and have previously worked a lot of documents in her past life.

"I'm impressed, despite of handling these documents for the first time you were able to make something out of it." he compliments the girl with a smile.

Umi sheepishly laughs, "T-Thank you. Kusakabe-senpai."

Unbeknownst to him, if he were to know Hibari's reason of making the girl join the committee he would be utterly speechless.