Chapter Eight

Lately, I rarely get to see Sawada-san and his guardians, which is not strange as I already guessed as to what might have happened.

I know for a mob character like me, I should be happy with this kind of setting. Less involvement with the main characters, less troubles. But, along with the strange issue of them not being around school as of the moment, Ame-chan...

"A-"

"Sorry Umi, I have something to attend to. I'll make it up to you nect time!"

"...-me-chan?"

...is acting strange. And even though I am very happy right now, I cannot be because of this. In shorter terms, I am feeling conflicted.

Mind you, Ame-chan not acting like the usual Ame-chan at all is very strange. It is like discovering that there might be aliens out there that kind of strange. Or discovering that the other planets has several moons.

That is why, when the next day came...

"Ame-chan, is there something going on your mind?"

...I, a mob character, mustered up my courage to ask. My efforts of doing so ended up in the drain though as she only answered nothing was strange and ran away saying the same excuse.

Things are getting weirder than before. And I am growing worried. No, scratch that. I am worried.

That is why,...

"Fu-!? What the heck- just what are you doing here, Hiroshima?!"

...I went out to seek for Mikoshima, as much as I dislike him. Please do not be so shock why the fast paced monologue.

Ignoring his shock, I smiled sheepishly. "Well, you see...Ame-chan is not acting like Ame-chan at all. Do you perhaps know what happened to her or any hints?"

"Why ask me?" he asks.

"You're the only person, I am acquainted with in this school obviously." I replied with a good-natured smile.

I saw him shiver and purple lines starting to appear from his face to which I deadpan. Hey, I know how you are disgusted with it...but at least please don't show that kind of face in front of me.

Getting the notice of my displeasure, he went back to his usual confident vibe and looked at me seriously.

"So, Kuno huh?"

I nodded, "Yes."

He scratches the back of his head, "As much as I want to be of help, I can't. Kuno herself isn't all chummy with me like she used to." then he sighs.

I blinked at his answer. Him too? Now, this is turning stranger than ever.

As far as I know, Ame-chan isn't the type of person to go 'cannot be reached' all of a sudden without a reason. But, I cannot just connect Ame-chan's acting strange with Sawada-san and the others' less appearances in school. Unless,...

...she has problems with herself?

Well, out of anything else that could only be the plausible reason. Even I would agree to that.

Could it be a problem with her grades?

No, Ame-chan always does well in maintaining her grades, so that she wouldn't get a scolding from her parents. Possibility number one is a scratch.

Finances?
Also, a big no.

Ame-chan never goes bankrupt as her allowance exceeds the usual amount of a normal student should have. Add, her parents have high paying professions, so I think she wouldn't have problems relating money. An X mark on that one.